Progress

blueyes

So today I have pretty much torn the tank apart lol...... pulled out all the plants, removed some of the sand and taken all the driftwood and rocks out, apart from a couple that I have left in temporarily for the guys that like to hide...... the tank is all cloudy at the moment as I have done a 50% water change also...... but once it settles I will replant and redecorate. No one seems to be too upset about the disturbance at the moment, so I guess thats a good sign...... :dunno:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm talking to myself lol..... but at least this way I will know what I did and when haha......

Sooooooo...... dear diary lol......

So renovating of existing tank is done..... not sure I will ever get the hang of planting but oh well lol.... starting today with Sera daily drops and tomorrow I pick up DIY CO2 kit that I bought on TMe from valray.

Yoyos are loving the new setup, racing in and out and around the driftwood arrangement like its a playground and the BNs are climbing over it like a jungle gym, so I think that means they are happy.

Next project is the Blueplanet Classic 50 in my bedroom.... I'm gonna move the pandas into it, the 3 little random Ember (I think) tetra and then depending on how things go I think maybe some Killies, but all depends on finances obviously at the moment. I'm thinking crypts for the plants as I am guessing the light probably isn't great in the tank (and I love crypts).

I don't know how impressed the pandas will be about moving to a smaller tank though as they love racing up and down the length of the tank they are in now, but if they get too unhappy I can always move them back.

Since my SAE commited hari kari over the back of the tank I now have 3 Chinese Algae eaters which seem quite happy together at the moment because they are tiny, but can be moved out/moved on/separated as they grow.... and 2 rainbow sharks for which the same applies as the CAE's....

Tank definitely needs more colourful fish in it though!!!!!!!

Thanks Zev..... doesn't help I guess that it's just a cheapo digital camera.... but I must have had the shakes or something too because I couldn't seem to get a clear shot..... lol

So todays plan so far is to visit valray to pick up co2 & some plants and discuss 3 spot gourami's lol and I'm off to Hollywood...... yay!!!!! :happy1:

They kinda looked like spawning, but I don't think anything eventuated...... I'm pretty sure even if they did, the loaches would have made a nice meal of any eggs......

Probably a good thing about the photos lol.... at least you can't really see the brown "gunk" that I can't shake..... I think I should have got the next size up filter ugh :roll:

It does not matter what sort of camera you use - you still end up with a disproportionate amount of useless photos to good ones :-?

Completely agree with this... when taking photos always take more than you think you need... and if you think you have got a really good shot, take a few more just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...