November Aquarium World

Caryl

...This issue is going to be a little late. It is done and at the printers but we are waiting for approval of a Permit Post number and a credit account with NZ Post as we are now eligible for bulk posting rates and the printer is willing to address, bag, and post for us :bounce:

As soon as we get out permit number, the magazines will be sent out. Sorry for the delay but if this all works it is going to save me a lot of time and the FNZAS a lot of money! :bounce:

The final proof arrived today (we had some issues with the previous proofs. Being our first time there were a few minor problems to iron out but all is now solved) and it looks amazing. The whole magazine is done in full gloss with properly trimmed edges, at a much better rate than I was able to do them here at home on my laser printer. :hail:

When the magazine arrives, you will see...

How to Create an Asian Backwater Biotope

See pics and read about the Waikato Pet Expo plus Waikato and Tasman's Tank Crawls

Learn about Basic Aquarium Photography

Find out about Lucky, the very lucky turtle

Learn how to keep and breed NZ native seahorses

a Dunedin member tells us how she discovered the local aquarium club and the results

A Bay Fish member offers a review on the Blue Planet hexagonal 57L aquarium

and read a personal account from the Christchurch earthquake

plus LOTS MORE!! :bounce:

Read the sticky at the top of the FNZAS Clubs page.

Magazines are free to all financial members of the FNZAS or you can subscribe.

Anyone who joins, or subscribes, after the magazine has gone to the printers may only get a non gloss version for the first month as specific numbers have already been quoted for.

Magazines come out quarterly - Feb, May, Aug, Nov.

Actually, if you are home Tuesday or Wednesday (not sure which one at the moment but can check once Grant is home) next week I can personally deliver your Year Book and membership card as Grant and I need to spend a night in Timaru on the Silver Fern Car Rally. The AWs will be posted out directly from the printer but I can bring a copy to give you a brief look :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

No but it should be very soon.

We had to apply for Permit Post, bulk business rates and credit. These have all been accepted and it is just the final approval needed from NZ Post for the mock-up of the final print job for the permit post sent by the printer then it will be all go.

The magazines have been printed, just the details for addressing being finished off. Hopefully within the week.

Those who have seen the new look are all impressed, as am I. It will be worth the wait! :bounce:

A pity John did not live long enough to see it as he has been a major financial contributor and supporter of the Aquarium World for many years. :(

Unless the printer lets me know, I won't know any more about delivery times than the rest of you - or when it turns up in my letterbox.

Hopefully they arrive before the end of November! If not, this will be the first time in my 16 years as editor that a magazine has been late :oops:

There was a lot of new stuff to organise for this this month, involving different organisations, but I am sure you will all think the new look was worth it.

Feb should be fine as we have all the wrinkles ironed out. :bounce: