Advice for attaching java fern/moss?

DennisP

As per title.

Tomorrow is rescape day and the 1 thing I HATE about scaping is planting. And java fern/moss brings it to a whole new level.

I usually tie it on using black thread, but it takes forever, and I can never get the knots to work properly.

I understand you can use glue but don't have any here.

What does everybody else do? I'm sure someone out there has it sorted.

I just wrap fishing nylon around the log a couple of times in a way that holds at least one big leaf in place and hopefully the base, to the wood and do a couple of normal shoe tying type knots. If it's not in the flow of current or constantly getting poked about then it will be fine. Also I have strung black cable ties together in the past where the log was a good enough shape to work and Adrienne (who now has the log) says the plants did attach.

Or like the others say, do your knots and then superglue on the knot to hold it.

Java moss I did the same but wrapped the nylon around and then fluffed the moss up so you couldn't see the line.

I tied the fishing nylon onto the wood where I wanted the plants to grow then tucked the roots under it... that was 4 weeks ago, I checked today and all but 1 bunch of moss has taken, (I attached 5 plants and 2 handfuls of moss) I hope this helps :)