breeding dividers - What do you guys think of these?

burrowssj

Hi everyone

Well this probably looks an sounds stupid an this will probably a crash an burn idea...but here goes

I've been using these tank dividers in my breeding tanks an well... they've worked well for me so far

made of food grade plastic you can eat off these if you needed an chemical free netting

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 15&ed=true

this is my trial auction

cheaper than glass

cheaper to run than glass(due to only needing 1 filter an 1 heater)

easier to use than glass simply put them in an pull them out no glueing or fixing needed no need to setup separate tanks

felxible plastic that will only break is bent a certain way or cut using a specific tool...

I've been using these for a while now an not had 1 death in any of my tanks and im confident this will not alter any water parameters what so ever

anyways what im after is some feedback good or bad, rubbish me if you wish no offense will be taken

I can cut and bend this plastic to most shapes or designs and cant cut holes in for heater to go through an also add rubber sides for a cleaner look

I dunno just let me know what you think

not as small as a fish net but not big enough for a guppy new born to pass through - its hard to find material that will hold up for long periods of time and also be chemical free as well as have tiny tiny holes :P

the slightly larger holes are good for flow to, I think the fish net netting would be to weak which would end up wearing thin/tearing quickly an not allow enough flow at the same time(I also could not find a supplier for this)

cheers I have this plastic an the equipment at work so its quite easy for me to do this

for a home DIY you looking at probably 50$ minimum for all the materials and tools required so they are definitely not cheaper to make yourself and im happy to do them nice an cheap for the forum members :)