Wanting to change from tropical too salt but only fish?!

robocar

Well I've owned affican cichlids for a year now and Im really over it and want a change, have always dreamed on having saltwater tank.

I have 220lt at the momment and was wondering could I stick with that and use my cansiter fillter and get away with out a sump etc ???

Im only wanting marine fish at this stage and will move into reef when I upgrade so I can add sump and the rest off equiment later, if you have any other sugestions all is welcome :D

Cheers

I would say ditch the canister filter, add some live rock and purchase yourself a decent in tank skimmer. As you are only having fish your lighting system does not have to be anything grand, although i have to warn you, you wont want a fish only system for long, once you research your corals you will be hooked. Good luck

LOL i know when i talk to my partner about what my next project is with fish his eyes start glazing over etc hahaha sad really...on the other note would rather ease my way into it for now then start adding some mushroom coral and then set the big guy up when i get over just fish, any idea what size ya recon for skimmer? My tank is 220ltr

Cheers