Proud of me

Bilbo

I have been able to put together a tank that is starting to show some promise. I am not wanting to create a great show tank but a great method for when I make a display tank.

This works for me and I am happy not to be fighting bba, cyno or staghorn this time. No algae at all and even the plants that had algae on them when I put them in have had it die off. Sorry the camera isn't better.

Tank 600 x 300 x 300.

Substrate is 2cm of mineralized top soil and vermiculite under 3 cm Dalton's propagating sand.

CO2 ladder (Found in Phoenix44's misc items box(Thanks you Phoenix)) at 1 BPS from DIY sugar and yeast mix. Anyone have a spare diffuser? or another ladder?

Lighting is 1 x 18w 865 (6500k) and 1 x 18w growlux (10,000k?) 12 hours a day.

Dosed 2 mls macro's and 1ml micros every morning.

Been setup only 2 weeks and I have already had to pull out a pile of cabomba, Indian fern, pygmy chain swords and dwarf sag.

FulltankA.jpg

Thought I would try one of P44's fancy pants angle shots. :D

I probably best stick to the straight shots

FullA1.jpg

FulltankA2.jpg

FulltankA3.jpg

Indian fern

IndianBead.jpg

Tiger Lotus

TigerBead.jpg

Groundcover.jpg

Thanks guys I . The pink one is a grolux and the rotala is looking really cool. Just now it is completly covered with bubbles.

The other plants are pygmy chain sword, dwarf sag, indian fern (mostly gone now) glosso, Echinodorus ozelot, Echinodorus red special, cabomba, tiger lotus and one other I dont know the name of.

Fish

1 x oto (other one died and I havent seen the remaining one in 2 days :( )

1 x small bronze cory

2 x baby bristlenoses (15mm)

2 x baby GBR (6 - 7mm)

15 x baby dwarf neon blue rainbows (5mm)

Going to need a few more plants for my next project

8footer2.jpg

8footer1.jpg

But more likely this tank will have to be sold. Its the nicest tank I have ever made but its just to big.

Phoenix is pretty much on to it and Ryan is exactly right.

First leak test in the shed last weekend and it passed :D

I had it planned out with some nice big sheets of glass I got and then I visited Phoenix and he said how awful and ugly it is to have traditional bracing like that and no one should brace a tank that way.

Pity I had it all cut up already or I would have taken his advice but over all I am really happy with it.

I have been really inspired by reading a great book called 'Ecology Of The Planted Aquarium' by Diana Walstad so I am really wanting to do something very cool at some stage.

I had it planned out with some nice big sheets of glass I got and then I visited Phoenix and he said how awful and ugly it is to have traditional bracing like that and no one should brace a tank that way.

I was just telling someone about how I just blurt stuff out sometimes without the slightest bit of diplomacy. :lol:

With some of the plants you currently have, you'll need a larger tank or you truly will have your fish jumping out for lack of space in the tank! :o

• 2 weeks later...