Juwel Rio 240 set up for SA Cichlids (Warning: Photos)

DennisP

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off current topic question for P44: What is the minimum amount of time/a plant can survive off per day? (While I'm away next week.)

As for tivo/mysky... We have mysky. It is amazing. I believe our neighbours have tivo, and my brother baby sits there occasionally.. says he prefers mysky.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am back! No need for any welcomes or anything.

Doesn't algae LOVE your holidays?!

2 tanks SPOTLESS and clear of algae, 1 recently set up, the other reasonably well established, BOTH now full of brown, thread algae. (Haven't ID yet).

THERE ISN'T EVEN ANYTHING IN THE BIG TANK AND HASN'T BEEN FED FOR A WEEK! Also, its very dirty...

STUPID STUPID ALGAE. I actually yelled when I first saw it! :evil: :roll:

More importantly though, brought back some nice rocks which blend in well with the tank. They all seem to blend in better after they've been in there for a week. Will update pictures soon after water settles and also I can be bothered.

Tomorrow is the big day! The fish will be bought tomorrow! But not without a sacrifice (more than $$$)... ... stupid minor operation on my big toes after stupid friend decided to jump on them... grumble grumble grumble...

Thought I'd share my arrival home as I'm sure others have had such experiences too.

That tank is looking good Dennis.

As Hovmoller mentioned earlier, you will find the altifrons like to dig around the wood and stones. It is surprising the amount of sand they can move in one day. I gave up scaping their tank and left them to it.Now I have sand at the front of the tank and none at the back.

I dunno :lol:

I personally think that any fish that will re-scape your tank after all that hard work is not a fish to have.

Seeding doubt in the 11th hour... don't torture the poor guy!

Geos are great fish!.. and yes they might disagree with the current scape but thats part of the fun of having geos.. to see how they like their scaping done! :D