Best way to post microworms

Joshlikesfish

This is what I do: Scrape the worms off the sides (as I do when I feed them out), put them in a little air tight plastic jar with a small amount of water and put it in a sealed plastic bag (in case it leaks - yuk). Warp it in bubble wrap and post it. That's it. They will last for at least a couple of days like that. The recipient can easily pour the worms onto new culture media and it will take off.

It should be just fine. If you are concerned it is not leak proof you can add some warm water to the container and shake it to see how much it leaks when under pressure. It won't matter if a little leaks out when the worms are in there, as long as some of them remain alive in the jar when it gets to its destination. :D

Would the feeding out worms with water be better? Or actual mixture?

Not sure what you mean. If you are talking about sending them in the mixture, it is best not to send the mixture with them because they can easily multiply too much and die in that small space. If they are just in water, they will just be hanging out, and not breeding or creating much waste.

Or maybe you are asking about feeding procedures? I use large yogurt type containers as my micro 'hotels' and I just use a wooden skewer to run it around the inside to scrape the sides clean each day. To feed them out, I rinse the stick off into a jar of water. Then I just leave them like that and feed them out with a dropper over the course of the day. That way there is not a load of muck going into the tank with the worms.

spoon full into a small ziplock bag

put in another bag

use a post bag from the post office and post

sent possibly 100 that way

I send eggs and worms the same way

cost... no charge as it has cost less than $3

Yeah I have done that as well, I have even stuck the ziplock bags in a envelope send for like 50c before..