hello

jaimec

hi all

relatively still new here to NZ and quite new FNZAS- i like reading the posted stuff to familiarise myself with fish keeping here in NZ. i've got myself two tanks- a 38L one for the kids and a 100L which i envision to be a planted tank.

prior to our moving here, i'm pleased to share that i've had my fair share of exotic fishes growing up and i doubt i can share that experience with my kids here as MAF will not allow the importation of such fish into NZ and setting up a tank here is quite expensive. thankfully because of FNZAS i've managed to pick up a few pointers and save a bit of money.

i hope to one day share photos of our tanks here. :D

cheers

jaime

To name the fishes I've kept:

Aba Aba Knifefish

Alligator Garfish

Tiger Shovelnosed Catfish

Silver Arowanas

Birchirs

Oscars

Siamese Tiger Fish

thanks for the warm welcome guys. :D

@ samH | yip it's the night crew for me- kids are fast asleep and having some alone time. 8)

@ caryl | yes it is frustrating and quite expensive. i had a thing for carnivores growing up and it became a father and son thing between myself and my dad. he'd always come home with a bag of frogs or carps to feed the fish. and if they outgrew their tanks we'd just set them loose in the lagoon by our farm.

i'm looking at starting a planted tank with my 100L one- always been fascinated by them but was too costly back then. i hope to learn and pick up things from you guys here. :hail:

cheers