How do you get a tiger lotus to "branch out"

JazzyJeff

I have a beautiful tiger lotus that has pushed out a "pup" a couple of times which I have given away but now when I would like some more for my other tanks it doesn't seem to wanna - Is there anything I can be doing to encourage it to give me a baby? I have a red and a green plant in one tank.

Or get it to flower and seed and then you would have hundreds to give away.

Ah! now we're talking!

I'll put some JBL balls in today, dose with weekly ferts - there is T5 lighting but not HO (a 13w 6400k Red & a 13w 10000k white) See how we go.... Didn't realise the red one were sought after, maybe I will take better care of this one in the future

Didn't realise the red one were sought after, maybe I will take better care of this one in the future

Yeah they are really nice. I just got some of the green one and I love that but red is an awesome looking plant.

I can agree with above that they are really heavy root feeders so JBL balls or even Jobes Lush palm and fern will do. I am using mineralized top soil mixed with vermiculite under Daltons propagating sand.

*Joins the back of the queue :D *

*Pushes past Phoenix :wink: *