Whistling Filter!

greatmoojin

Hiya, we moved house yesterday morning and set up the canister filter in the afternoon. It;s an Eheim pro 2 and all functioning fine, but it occasionally starts whistling! Anybody had this before? What's the possible cause? I thought maybe air trapped in the unit so i did the old tilt and rock it back and forth trick, some air did come out, but it hasn't sorted out the whistling. I switched it off, waited a minute then switched it back on, restarted just fine, but still whistling. Checked the canister and pipes and no water leaking so probably not a small crack or leak either.

When we woke up this morning it's still doing the occasional whistle, roughly as often and persistent as it was yesterday.

Any suggestions?

Canister filters are mostly under vacuum not pressure so it if it was a seal it would be sucking in air not leaking water. But for it to be sucking enough to make it whistle you would have tonnes of air bubbles coming out. I'd be looking at the motor and checking that everything is lined up correctly and not rubbing