Juwel Vision 450

LYNDYLOO

Has anyone got one of these or had one??

Any for's or against's for this Tank??

I'm looking at upgrading my Aqua One 980 (215Ltrs) Discus Tank, to a Juwel Vision 450 (450 Ltrs). I have been offered a Brand new one for $2000

Not sure I'm liking the idea of the whopping big filter in the Corner of the Tank, is this easy enough to remove??

I would rather pop a couple of External Filters on the Tank instead.

Look forward to hearing your views.

Lynda

I don't have one of those but I have a Rio 180. I don't like the curved front glass on the Visions but thats just me. I have no problems with my Rio 180 and love it. They are really tidy looking tanks. I've heard the filters are fairly easy to remove but haven't tried myself, I use mine to hide everything apart from my external filter outlets.

Thanks for your views guys :bow:

Hmmm might have to look into the warranty if I remove the Internal Filter aye :roll:

Have 8 Big Discus now, so really wanting to upgrade to a bigger Tank, so then I can get more :bounce:

Yes the filter is real easy to remove but there is the warranty issue.. it's not really a problem until you empty the tank, store it dry for a while and want to use it again.. There will be a lot of dry crap behind there!

Anyway to cut it out you just need a long (especially on the vision 450 cause it has the jumbo filter) thin sharp knife, like a fileting knife or similar and then you can cut through those silicone blobs easy enough, just jiggle the knife a bit and be careful not to scratch the glass.

I did it to a little rio filter of mine and drilled a few holes on the back of it and squeezed some suction cups into them so now I can put it in and out of the tank like a normal internal filter.

Have already been down the track of having a Custom Built Tank, Stand and Lid made Ron, to be honest I cant be bothered with the Mucking around.

I have my last Custom Built Tank now sitting in the Garage collecting Dust, wont fit in where my exsisting Tank is now.

Just thought the Juwel was a darn good price too, think they retail for round the 4G mark, so 1/2 price is pretty good.