Opinions? Thoughts? Recommendations? My "Amazon Tank"

Brennos

I'd have to agree with the whole not mixing of rummynose and cardinals just because they are the same shape. I'd go with a different shaped tetra like a group of bleeding heart tetras.

Bleeding hearts are pretty, but they are also quite BIG. They sort of dwarf the Cardinals. A better option would be Rosy tetras, if you want something pinkish. They are slighty bigger than Cardinals.

• 3 weeks later...

Just some pics for those of you who might be interested. So I ended up buying a couple of juvinile Discus, I intend on upgrading the tank in the next 6 months, so the size of my tank isn't an issue at this stage. I also added a large male Bristlenose. He is so ugly, but yeah he's also pretty cool.

PIC DUMP:

P10002961.jpg

P10002971.jpg

P10003171.jpg

P10003121.jpg

P10003161.jpg

P10003101.jpg

P10003091.jpg

P10003071.jpg

P10003061.jpg

P10003041.jpg

P10003011.jpg

P10002991.jpg

P10002971.jpg

P10002961.jpg

No offense or anything, but the discus look terrible in that tank, and the colours do not go well with the other fish. When they get bigger, they will totally ruin the sense of scale in the tank. Get a trio of Apistos or Dwarf Flags.

You should set up a seperate, large tank with all different coloured discus. That would look cool.