Heating

maoripho3nix

I've been through so many 300w aquaone heaters I would have easily paid for a jager or 2 by now. Half of the new aquaone heaters I buy I have to take back a few times till I get one thats right too. The 25w - 100w ones I have all been very reliable.

I nearly ruined a heater a few days ago, forgot to turn it off during a water change :roll:

I've just come away from our fish club auction night with 2 heaters a 150 & 300w for $9.00

both work and are great for back up's. I've got a jewel tank and have nothing but problems

with there heaters, replaced my third one with a Fluval so far so good.

Giles

Here is another heater system similar to that of the WEIPRO. Comes with SS Heater etc. But its only 31NZD and free shipping :)

My problem with this is...its not branded :evil: . So who knows who makes it, and whats inside it :roll:

And Im not sure if its ideal to use a system electronically designed for the USA power rating.

The WEIPRO = $70NZ The ? = $31NZ

:x Dunno which one to get LOL

Here is another heater system similar to that of the WEIPRO. Comes with SS Heater etc. But its only 31NZD and free shipping :)

My problem with this is...its not branded :evil: . So who knows who makes it, and whats inside it :roll:

And Im not sure if its ideal to use a system electronically designed for the USA power rating.

US power ratings? I wouldn't worry too much about using a heater and electronics designed for 120v on NZ 220v mains... It will just get really hot and then let all the magic smoke out. That's not a problem, is it?

That particular one should work fine though. It says it's for 220-240v 50hz.

How about the weipro you are after for less than $50 shipped? http://www.fish-street.com/weipro_mx1022_300w_ic_heater_for_aquarium?category_id=115

• 1 month later...