Guppy Tank??

gagaforfish

59.9 litres filled to the brim with no substrate.

You will need an adaptor for that heater.

IMO not overly cheap for a used tank that size if you are going to get another heater. You could ask if they would sell just the tank and for what price :D

I bought a 600x300x300, pick up tomorrow!! I only have a sponge filter, at home, would that be okay??

What do you guys use to cycle your tanks faster? Last time, I just had it running with stress zyme the night and day before I got my neons

Would using some water from my current tank help, or not??

Also, If I decide to breed, as i probably will, which is better for guppy fry a 'breeding net thing that hooks to the side or those fake grass things????

Thanks for putting up with all my questions!!!

A sponge filter will be fine. You just need to remember that it won't pick up the muck off the bottom the same as other filters but thats why you clean a tank anyway. Just siphon any waste off the bottom. I tend to find that when guppys drop their young they often just hide up among floating plants at the top of the tank. You can use a breeding net if you don't want the young eaten.

My idea of a good set up for guppys would be - plastic grass at the bottom of the tank, and floating plants at the top (plenty of plants at the top). That should provide protection for the young. And not too many other guppies in the tank to eat them. Others will laugh at this. You just wait for the comments. :lol:

A sponge filter will be fine. You just need to remember that it won't pick up the muck off the bottom the same as other filters but thats why you clean a tank anyway. Just siphon any waste off the bottom. I tend to find that when guppys drop their young they often just hide up among floating plants at the top of the tank. You can use a breeding net if you don't want the young eaten.

My idea of a good set up for guppys would be - plastic grass at the bottom of the tank, and floating plants at the top (plenty of plants at the top). That should provide protection for the young. And not too many other guppies in the tank to eat them. Others will laugh at this. You just wait for the comments. :lol:

I'd agree with that set up :roll:

I'd agree with that set up :roll:

I agree too. I've read so many times that the babies like to hide in plants (ie - Java moss) near the bottom of the tanks, but have always found personally that they swim towards the light and hide up near the floating plants.