New planted tank. Ideas?

si_sphinx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled my smaller plant tank to pieces to transfer the plants and found 65 baby bristlenose under a rock, what a bonus :D

This is what i have so far, I am thinking I need to cut the log down so it is not so high because it takes up a lot of room.

011-1.jpg

for larger size images:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/si_sphinx/5ft%20planted%20tank/011.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/si_sphinx/5ft%20planted%20tank/013.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/si_sphinx/5ft%20planted%20tank/016.jpg

Now i just need another light and some plants to grow up the bak wall and in the foreground :bounce:

wow what i mission to get all those plants in. Thanks phoenix44 :bow:

My hands are all wrinkled :o

and i also found my bristlenose have spawned AGAIN in a small hole in the back of the log. I dont know how they got the eggs in there because the male can only just fit his head in the hole.

There are so many plants in the tank now, its going to look like a jungle in a few months hopefully. But there is still a little space in there for a few other plants that i need :wink:

Doesn't really look like much at the moment

015.jpg

012.jpg

Looking awesome!

Hope you can find room for the plants I am bringing down! :D:D I haven't pruned them for a week (to try and make sure I have plenty for you) so the surface of my tank is almost covered, by Friday next week there isn't going to be a surface. :lol: :lol: I wonder how I am going to get food to the Discus :o , machete maybe? :lol: :lol: And my poor Hatchets have become mid-water fish!:lol: :lol:

I'm still on the look out for star grass and chain sword

There is still heaps of room on the right side of the tank.

And as good as that big piece of wood looks, i want to take it out to fit more plants in there :-? ..... but then i don't. :x I can't make up my mind

Have you asked Alan if he has any chain swords? If he has, I could pick them up and bring them down with me? There was a guy selling some on TM recently too, E. quadricostatus it was.

Have you asked Alan if he has any chain swords? If he has, I could pick them up and bring them down with me? There was a guy selling some on TM recently too, E. quadricostatus it was.

I'm in no hurry for it, just waiting for some to show up. I don't want anyone to pull their tanks apart if they don't have any to spare.

And i don't like to trade on TM anymore.