Auckland uni students....

Skip™

2 x 3 hour exams in one day compared with 12 hours work that some if us do (have done in the past) :o What is the problem with 6 hours work? Even 9 hours for the guys running it is not bad because at the moment my work day is a minimum of 9 hours

Night exams?

Stuff that. Couldn't miss shorty for that hahahhaha :lol:

Students should be smart enough to watch it on demand :wink:

For those that are not smart: http://tvnz.co.nz/shortland-street/s19- ... eo-3689797

Have you ever done a uni level exam? :lol:

They are not fun and drain you mentally.

I'd rather do a full shift at the bank than give 2 consecutive exams. I challenge you to do it. o.O

I can easily write 18 pages in 3 hours and do about 12 pages of calculations included. It's not easy and that's why we aren't allowed to have 2 exams in one day for some majors.

i think you are missing the important part of it...

No student will have three consecutive examinations scheduled in a day or over two days.

no student has to do 3 exams a day, they dont even have to do 3 exams over 2 days, i fail to see a problem for the students...

as an empolyer, I would prefer to employ a person that could do the 2 and with accuracy

I have to agree with you on that Barry (not that I am currently in a position to employ people).

I would be happy to do 2 exams for some of the work days I have had trying to organise thousands of transactions and make sure the total is exactly $0.00 as even being out $0.01 is unacceptable. That along with dealing with customers, reporting 10 peoples stats (sales, new funds to the bank, reinvestment %, average talk time) and any other account maintenance.

At least you get to have a break between exams. I often start at 7:30 and work through till 4:30 with just breaks to go and make a coffee to bring back to my desk. I also need to fit forum time in there somewhere.

I have to agree with you on that Barry (not that I am currently in a position to employ people).

I would be happy to do 2 exams for some of the work days I have had trying to organise thousands of transactions and make sure the total is exactly $0.00 as even being out $0.01 is unacceptable. That along with dealing with customers, reporting 10 peoples stats (sales, new funds to the bank, reinvestment %, average talk time) and any other account maintenance.

At least you get to have a break between exams. I often start at 7:30 and work through till 4:30 with just breaks to go and make a coffee to bring back to my desk. I also need to fit forum time in there somewhere.

welcome to the real world. :lol:

I'll take you to one of my 3 day sessions. you'll treasure every minute of work, thanking your lucky stars that you are at work.

I would be happy to but I would only do it if you were able to spend a day at my work which unfortunately can not happen.

What is the pass rate for your exams? The pass rate for work is 100% any less than than that and I get a verbal or written warning. Even not saying "per annum" after every rate given is enough to get a written warning and guaranteed no bonus for that 6 month period.

Have you ever done a uni level exam? :lol:

They are not fun and drain you mentally.

I'd rather do a full shift at the bank than give 2 consecutive exams. I challenge you to do it. o.O

And you think that work is fun and doesn't drain you mentally? If so I suggest you start working a bit harder otherwise your going to be fired.

I would love to be able to go back to the days when I was doing exams, hell of a lot nicer than going to friggen work everyday. Although at that time I had to take a few hours leave from my dairy farming job just to go to the exams.

I would be happy to but I would only do it if you were able to spend a day at my work which unfortunately can not happen.

What is the pass rate for your exams? The pass rate for work is 100% any less than than that and I get a verbal or written warning. Even not saying "per annum" after every rate given is enough to get a written warning and guaranteed no bonus for that 6 month period.

If that's the case, your employer is acting unlawfully, and is issuing warnings without just cause.

I think you're right, you would much rather sit an exam or 3 when they didn't matter to you. On the other hand, I would much rather work a full day's work (which I do; I have two jobs and work full time as well as studying full time) that spend a year learning a million things then being tested on them.

That whole you won't have three exams in a row will be a lie. Even with two exams a day schedule there is still MAJOR clashes!!!!!!! and if you have a clash you must do the exam early, which is a disadvantage.

Two exams on one day is bad enough. It is horrible, and as P44 has said it is MENTALLY draining. :o

That whole you won't have three exams in a row will be a lie. Even with two exams a day schedule there is still MAJOR clashes!!!!!!! and if you have a clash you must do the exam early, which is a disadvantage.

Two exams on one day is bad enough. It is horrible, and as P44 has said it is MENTALLY draining. :o

Very true - I had 3 exams in 2 days - morning, afternoon, morning. It sucked so much, and I literally just slept for a week after

If that's the case, your employer is acting unlawfully, and is issuing warnings without just cause.

For the example I used. Not saying "per annum" after every rate can cost the bank a lot of money so I would not say they are doing it without cause.

The differance beteen saying it and not is huge. For eaxmple a $1m term depsoit for 120 days at 5% per annum pays $16,438.36 but the same without the per ammum pays $50,000.00. I would say that $33,561.64 is "just cause". Further to that think with they woudl say if it was $10m

Way way back in ye olde days, when I was sitting exams, we had 2 exams per day for up to a week - depending on how many subjects we were sitting.

I do not feel too sorry for uni students these days as they claim to be poor and hard done by. They seem to spend all their time drinking (so obviously have enough money for some things) and doing stupid stunts. I assume there are some who do actually study but I guess they are not newsworthy :roll:

my girlfriend and a heap of mates study at different unis around the country, forever having days off, there is even a holiday for Waikato uni because the uni is on Maori land!! reasonably cruzy class times, having sleepins and can go out partying whenever they like, then complain when they have to do a full days work as it stresses them out.

Alot of mates that have finished uni also comment that uni was so much easier than working full time

im sure not everyone at uni is like that but sure makes me laugh