PC Help

Nymox

Im stumped, My computer wont let me run in normal mode, Im in safe mode now.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire M3201

System Type X86-based PC

Processor AMD Phenom 9100e Quad-Core Processor, 1799 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R01-B1, 7/05/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.5

What happens is, it works fine right through until after I log in, I get the loading animation then it goes to a blank blue screen and nothing happens after that, I waited 45 minutes and still nothing. I can hit ctrl+alt+del and I can get the task manager. I have no idea whats happening. Ive been searching through google but I cant find a solution as I dont really know what Im looking for.

If anyone has had any similar experiences help would be appreciated.

Already attempted that, Im here in normal mode now, I ran firefox.exe from task manager. Nothing happens when I try explorer.exe

Would it be wise to attempt a system restore? Ive never used it because I heard it was very buggy, but this PC sets a restore point every night so it might be worth a try at least. I have a feeling its in startup that the problem is occurring.

When its booting hit F8 and instead of choosing Safe mode, choose last known good settings.

apart from that, you have vista. condolences. :cry:

you can always do a system restore. no harm done, and it will only undo the last few changes made, and wont change your files.

When its booting hit F8 and instead of choosing Safe mode, choose last known good settings.

apart from that, you have vista. condolences. :cry:

you can always do a system restore. no harm done, and it will only undo the last few changes made, and wont change your files.

Tried last known config. Yup vista aint the best, but once its all set up as classic its really not that bad at all.

Through the process of elimination I've managed to get it working, disabled all non windows start up apps and its fine, now Im adding them back one by one until I can find whats causing the problems. Possibly malwarebytes :-?

Thanks for the help though guys, much appreciated.

The wifes lappy did something similar a few weeks ago. It turned out one of the HP proprietary 2nd LCD screen drivers set up a conflict with the firewall software. Took me 9 hrs to figure that out though! :o

If you can start it in safe mode, turn off all services etc. loaded at startup, and then reboot. If it works, turn them back on one by one, rebooting each time. Repeating this item by item may tell you what's going on.

it was a problem in the start up, I recently removed norton and replaced it with the freebie avast. Problem was norton left some files in start up, so everything was waiting for norton to load before it would load anything else.

After a hour using the process of elimination the problem was solved, now it works fine :)