Auckland to Wellington. And back =D

My girlfriend has a lot of family in Wellington. And a few friends. For ages shes been wanting to "pull an all nighter" by taking a train to welly, seeing everyone, going home via train, something like that.

I was thinking we could try make a holiday out of it. Hopefully be able to stay with her family.

If the two of us save till the end of the year, we should have plenty for it. (provided i don't decided I need more fish :wink: )

Any suggestions on transport? So far cheapest has been bus, then plane(surprisingly) then train? I cant find a cheap train =/

This is about 5 months away, and knowing how teenage relationships go, chances are it wont happen. But hey, if it did it would be sweeeeet :D

Any ideas?

My girlfriend has a lot of family in Wellington. And a few friends. For ages shes been wanting to "pull an all nighter" by taking a train to welly, seeing everyone, going home via train, something like that.

I was thinking we could try make a holiday out of it. Hopefully be able to stay with her family.

If the two of us save till the end of the year, we should have plenty for it. (provided i don't decided I need more fish :wink: )

Any suggestions on transport? So far cheapest has been bus, then plane(surprisingly) then train? I cant find a cheap train =/

This is about 5 months away, and knowing how teenage relationships go, chances are it wont happen. But hey, if it did it would be sweeeeet :D

Any ideas?

Cheap train, there are lots of options. There's The overlander, the Overlander or The Overlander. $49 each way.

Any ideas?

Per person? So far thats $200 to travel on train or $72 on bus =/

Why don't you look it up? I've given you the name of the only passenger train that runs between Auckland and Wellington.

I have looked it up. Couldn't find anything. Was hoping you guys knew something I didn't =/

You should be sleeping now. School tomorrow young Josh. :P Hahaha. You should fly, pick up cheap flights, keep checking grabaseat, Auckland to Wellington was $1 today. :wink: Obviously it depends on the dates but it pays to look!

Why? :P Lol i woke up at 6.15 -.- got some science test at 7.30 :(

I couldn't think of that site's name. I was thinking catchaflight? haha

took the bus from auckland to blenheim, oh so booring apart from having a beer or 2 before sitting in the theatre on the ferry to watch 'the incredibles'

i would go for the train/ drive yourself. if you drive then you can stop where you want, explore a few places and visit a fish shop or foom on the way.

took the bus from auckland to blenheim, oh so booring apart from having a beer or 2 before sitting in the theatre on the ferry to watch 'the incredibles'

i would go for the train/ drive yourself. if you drive then you can stop where you want, explore a few places and visit a fish shop or foom on the way.

Slight problem. I'm 16 :P I'd hate to see something mean cheap or whatever and realise I cant buy haha

My daughter and her boyfriend fly to wellington for $49 each way. Its a case of catching the deals, however you would have to book in advance. Perhaps you could each book seperately and then if she doesn't go you could go alone :wink:

My daughter and her boyfriend fly to wellington for $49 each way. Its a case of catching the deals, however you would have to book in advance. Perhaps you could each book seperately and then if she doesn't go you could go alone :wink:

Speaking to her before, she knows her parents would never let her. They don't seem to be too keen on me :(

$49 each way would be an awesome price. Same as the train =-D

:( But you are fine?

I look like the wrong crowd though. High up there kid asked me if i was "stonned" in maths the otherday because i looked tired. I told him I've never done drugs in my life and he didn't believe me haha. Looks are decieving :P

Also, I am the male that is dating her daughter. And males usually have certain organs that parents want to keep away from their daughters. I lost the fight before it started :lol: :lol:

I look like the wrong crowd though. High up there kid asked me if i was "stonned" in maths the otherday

i used to get this all the time at school and from parents and was the same, had never tried any drugs or anything. you get used to it alot of people assume your "dum young boy"

how old is girlfriend? not many parents do like their daughters boyfriends until their daughters are at least 18 ive found

i used to get this all the time at school and from parents and was the same, had never tried any drugs or anything. you get used to it alot of people assume your "dum young boy"

how old is girlfriend? not many parents do like their daughters boyfriends until their daughters are at least 18 ive found

Almost sixteen. Plan to do this for our one year in jan. Seems like I'm really thinking ahead for a teen relationship, but its an incentive to save =] And hey, if her and I fail or whatever, I have a heap of money to spend on fish 8)

wel between now and then never ever ever EVER let her parents come up with any reason not to trust you. keep it in your pants dont leave hickies and if need be hug her goodbye etc when around family. if she has a curfew make sure shes bak early etc, hang out with her family for occasions dont act like an immature little kid etc. Parents always assume the worst dont give them a reason to proove you right.

if your a hunter or fisherman or diver drop parents off venison/crayfish/trout etc when you get some... trust me this scores MEGA brownie points

bus/train down and fly up sounds like a plan, traveling wastes sooo much of your weekend, could maby do a 3 day weekend as will be no school in Jan.

school relationships do work, i had a real awesome one for almost 2 years, if not you will have saved some coin and can have an epic weekend

Just check the age thing, I know the bus from here to Wellington will not take under 16yr olds unaccompanied by an adult.

She'll be 16 and a half by then 8)

wel between now and then never ever ever EVER let her parents come up with any reason not to trust you. keep it in your pants dont leave hickies and if need be hug her goodbye etc when around family. if she has a curfew make sure shes bak early etc, hang out with her family for occasions dont act like an immature little kid etc. Parents always assume the worst dont give them a reason to proove you right.

if your a hunter or fisherman or diver drop parents off venison/crayfish/trout etc when you get some... trust me this scores MEGA brownie points

bus/train down and fly up sounds like a plan, traveling wastes sooo much of your weekend, could maby do a 3 day weekend as will be no school in Jan.

school relationships do work, i had a real awesome one for almost 2 years, if not you will have saved some coin and can have an epic weekend

Yeah, been trying my best.Her parents gave me the evils just holding hands :-? Unfortunately I don't do any of that stuff =/ (the fishing stuff, not the other stuff :lol: )

Edited this. Because my wording came out wrong -.-