Moving fish, What courier company to use???

trophy_malaw

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last couple of months I have had fish shipped to me twice, once from Auckland and once from Hamilton, both times fish arrived in perfect condition, only lost one but that wasn't the couriers fault. Cost me $35 both times incl. box, heatpads etc. That was through posthaste and both were here within 24 hours of them being dropped off. As long as they are bagged and packed properly you should be fine even in these temperatures, what sort of fish are you looking at getting shipped? Mine were dwarf cichlids and small plecos.

post hast will charge around $28 just to send it so once you add costs of poly box, heat packs etc it's fair. If they are using another courier the cost of the freight may be higher so it think it's reasonable. i have sent in middle of winter, just added a second heat pack and had no hassles.

What is the going standard for shipping fish?

Is $40.00 from ChCh - Hamilton ok?

I am just worried that it is not warm enough yet.

Kept fish for 26 years but never had fish shipped to me :-?

In the last couple of months I have had fish shipped to me twice, once from Auckland and once from Hamilton, both times fish arrived in perfect condition, only lost one but that wasn't the couriers fault. Cost me $35 both times incl. box, heatpads etc. That was through posthaste and both were here within 24 hours of them being dropped off. As long as they are bagged and packed properly you should be fine even in these temperatures, what sort of fish are you looking at getting shipped? Mine were dwarf cichlids and small plecos.

How long after they were sent did you receive them?

Looking at getting sent T Bar Cichlids. Would be devastated if any died.

i have sent many times with poste haste, probably 30 or so which is why i recommend them. all but one package arrived before or just after lunch time the next day and that's even as far as whangarei to invercargill. the one that didn't get delivered in one day was a mix up with rural delivery and only one of 10 made it ok so it has been a great success so far.

haha nah, i just was given the run around with all the rest it was horrible. i should though id be great! haha shame i have a degree.....

posthaste was good for me in upper hutt but in kapiti seems to be crap they took 3 days to redeliver my package, maybe would be better if i got an account with them?

How long after they were sent did you receive them?

Looking at getting sent T Bar Cichlids. Would be devastated if any died.

The lot from Hamilton was dropped at depot after 4pm and I rang posthaste around 11am the next morning and they were about to deliver them, not sure what time the lot from Auckland was dropped off at depot but I rang them around 9.30am the next day and they were there. Both times I went and picked them up though only because I couldn't wait till the delivery driver got to my house :slfg: