Tasman Aquarium Club Display Show

I'm not surprised Tasman have gained members. The membership is very cheap compared to any other clubs I know of and you get a good deal in return as well as meeting other fishkeepers.

Good on you for being proactive and taking yourselves out to meet the general public. :D

Today I went to have a look and to talk to Herrie. I could hardly get a word in as the place was humming and he was run off his feet.

As well as gaining new members I am sure that they have encouraged many people to get their first tank.

Well done to Herrie and his team

I spent the day there yesterday (as you all know) and I was surprised at the numbers going through. There was usually at least 10 people at any one time with a lull over lunchtime as everyone preferred to stuff their faces (us included).

A trip to your place would be a good meeting activity kiwiplymouth :wink:

Well, Tasman now has 10 new members, a higher local profile, about 20 more people they plan to follow up on (expressed interest but did not sign up at the time) and approx $1,600 raised :bounce:

Excellent job and well done to the whole club. The majority of members pitched in and contributed in a myriad of ways. Not all were able to spend time there, due to work commitments, but several popped in whenever they could. Others set up their aquariums, or provided fish and/or plants etc. A good crowd was there to dismantle it all in the end.

Sorry I couldn't stay for the pizza but I had a 2hr drive home. On arrival I discovered tea all nicely cooked for me plus a new computer ready and waiting! :bounce: :bounce: Grant had been busy while I was gone. He would have gone with me but was on call so had to stay behind. At least he got to visit the display a couple of times during the week as work had him over that way.

Extra kudos to club President, Herrie, who got it all off the ground despite many saying "You can't do that, we don't have enough time to get organised!"

They now have a club with renewed enthusiasm and high hopes of keeping the momentum going. Indeed, their next meeting (at Helen Fowler's place) will be a 2 level affair Tania (Tanya?) upstairs talking about breeding and raising discus and downstairs in the garage Jeremy will be demonstrating tank repairs and builds. GO TASMAN!!! :hail:

• 2 weeks later...

Awsum job tasman displays etc are a bit of work but the results rewarding especiallally in raising the profile of clubs etc. The waikato aquarium have set up a site here at this weekends pet expo its really great went everyone works together to achive the same goal :hail::hail: