June 26, 201016 yr comment_379220 Went to local pet shop today and he had some new khuli loaches and with them came an odd one which was much longer. So of course I bought it. After some research I believe this is what it is: http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Cyprinoid ... mus_sp.htm Report
June 26, 201016 yr Author comment_379270 horseface loach? They often look alike. No. Maybe 2mm thick and 75mm long. Report
June 26, 201016 yr comment_379282 Glass eels (elvers) have been brought in before, listed as glass kuhlis. These would be dangerous to native fish/invertebrates if they got into the water ways. Report
June 26, 201016 yr comment_379306 I bought a couple at animates a couple years ago - they were sold as "gold kuhli loaches" and are so cool - thinner than regular kuhlis, no striped markings and they swim like mega fast eels and bury themselves in the gravel, sometimes sitting with only their heads sticking up. I think they're great and will get more when I see them! Report
June 28, 201016 yr Author comment_379549 Was going to post photo today but got home from work and found someone had broken my ranch slider and laptop and camera gone. :evil: It looked just like the one on web site posted earlier. Report
June 28, 201016 yr comment_379551 aww man, I'm sorry to hear that Doug, it's a horrible feeling when your house gets invaded like that. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_379748 hay i got one of those years ago - sold as a kuli too. I think mine was more brown though. skinnier and longer than a kuli but otherwise pretty similar. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_379764 Aw man Doug that sucks! I hope you are insured. Even so, :evil: :evil: :evil: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.