where do i buy spurilina powder?

Zayne

from here

http://www.saseahorse.com/brine_shrimps.htm

When newly hatched, Instar I nauplii are high in fat content, they still maintain a yolk sac, and for many fish fry species this is ideal. The fat content begins to decrease as they grow and by adult stage they are higher in protein than fat. If not fed 24 hours after hatching, their nutritional value begins to reduce. Ideally fish fry need higher fat content in the early stages of life and as they get older their need for protein increases.

The nutritional profile of brine shrimp can be enhanced by “enrichment” or “Gut Loading” . Newly hatched artemia (Instar II) take approximately 18-24 hours to be fully enriched, while adults need only 6-8 hours. Medium sized vary between 10-14 hours.

scroll down for gut loading

Although the best foods are microalgae ( eg. Nannochloropsis, Dunaliella, Tetraselmis and Isochrysis), inert foods similar to spray dried algae (powders or pastes), yeast, micronised rice bran, soybean powder, ground fishmeal, egg yolk etc can also be used.

When newly hatched, Instar I nauplii are high in fat content, they still maintain a yolk sac, and for many fish fry species this is ideal. The fat content begins to decrease as they grow and by adult stage they are higher in protein than fat. If not fed 24 hours after hatching, their nutritional value begins to reduce.

• 3 months later...