Got a perfect nano!

Morcs

I like it too!

Just went and tested my water. using a API freshwater kit though...

PH 8.2

Ammonia: 0.5ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

KH: 9deg

GH: gave up after adding 40 drops. not sure what this means...

Test results are looking spot on I think?

I should have a bit of live rock you can steal. It's still gonna take a good month or two to cycle the rest of the rock.

Sweet :) Flick me a pm.

Question to you all, whats the difference in the rock?

I have some heavy and hard stuff (lava rock?) and some light stuff which looks nicer. whats the deal with the different types?

and is normal aquarium silicone ok to use to stick them together? figured id better whip the rocks out and silicone them into a nicer shape before the tank gets underway too much!

im not sure about the different rocks just use ones that you like. a lot of people use aqua-knead it epoxy putty to join rock

any idea wether HFF would sell it? ill shoot up there straight after work tomorrow and get more bits of rock too. want to do any interesting scape with the limited space i have. build it nice and tall, with gaps through it, and still be able to circulate water nicely.

Oh and no evaporation yet. temp is now stable at 24.5. my hydrometer isnt terribly accurate, gives different readings. will be investing in a refractometer as soon as the tank is left alone cycling :lol: had to actually add a bit more salt today as i raised the temp (has to go and get a decent probe thermometer as my other two didnt seem to read right)

just went and tested my water. using a API freshwater kit though...

PH 8.2

Ammonia: 0.5ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

KH: 9deg

GH: gave up after adding 40 drops. not sure what this means...

Test results are looking spot on I think?

Test to get when getting a marine tank

KH

phostphate

magnesium

calcium

Nitrate

Salifert test kits are good choce for marines.

Would leave tank for 6 weeks then start to test for ammonium and nitrite

best to use coral rock

lava rock may have some metals in it

Coral rock looks nicer too! Ill get some more coral rock :)

Test to get when getting a marine tank

KH

phostphate

magnesium

calcium

Nitrate

Salifert test kits are good choce for marines.

Would leave tank for 6 weeks then start to test for ammonium and nitrite

Got a API SW master kit on order. not sure if i can get salifert through work. API kit comes with nitrate, nitrite, KH, PH and phosphates i believe. Isnt magensium, calcium etc.. only really important with inverts?

nah. ebay them... then again. i think your plain old floaty one will be fine as opposed to a light refractometer. you may not need that unless you get a more complex system going on.

Possibly. will see how the hydrometer goes. Ill probably get one at some point as i can see myself getting a bigger nano at some point... :P

Got a API SW master kit on order. not sure if i can get salifert through work. API kit comes with nitrate, nitrite, KH, PH and phosphates i believe. Isnt magensium, calcium etc.. only really important with inverts?

I've used both API and salifert. I think for the purposes of a FOWLR, API would be more than adequate. If money is no issue at all, then go for salifert.

Magnesium, calcium etc are important because they influence the solubility of carbonates, which dictate pH, which affects clownfish. But you don't need to obsess over calcium, carbonate, magnesium levels like coral keepers do; just know that they affect your pH (and coralline growth :P )