Courier suggestions

firenzenz

Hi

I did use NZ couriers and never had a problem until they decided that transporting fish was cruel.

i have used Pace twice but even though they say delivery is nxt morning, and charge me for that srvice that hasn't happened and I've had to get recipient of parcel to colloect from depot as it wouldn't be delivered to late tin the day.

Who is using who and is happy with service- looking at AKL-CHCH.

Cheers!

A.

I still use nz couriers rung them talked to them about it, then rung the chief animal inspector in NZ at the SPCA he said it was stupid rung nz couriers and now they have no problems :)

Initially they were saying that the SPCA said I had to take my fish to my local SPCA office before I sent them to ensure they were humanely packaged before I coudl send them and get a signed letter from them for each box.. After talking with the SPCA it sounds like that was all rubbish and noone really knows whats going on.

Initially they were saying that the SPCA said I had to take my fish to my local SPCA office before I sent them to ensure they were humanely packaged before I coudl send them and get a signed letter from them for each box..

I rang NZ couriers yesterday and got the exact same response from the manager

Yep its rubbish, get the name of your local branch manager, ring the SPCA the chief inspector at SPCA is a good man and asked for the name and number of the person saying that and rung them direct for me and cleared it up right away. He thinks it is all rubbish and as far as he is concerned the SPCA has no problems with it..

Cool -I will ring to make sure then.

Yes I had to laugh when the Woman at NZC desk told me about the rule.

"We are just worried about the affect of couriering on the fish, and if it's cruel" she said.

Then she added "I actually have thought about having a tank myself, I like going into that shop up the road to have a look".

I was going to ask her how she thought those lovely fish got to that shop for her to look at, but as the saying goes-" Don't shoot the messenger"

Cheers! for info.

Spoke to AKL depot of NZC and they are fine with it.

I would say it is one of those cursed 'middle management' decision's based on lack of knowledge, and business acumen.

Perhaps it needed someone to point out common sense and define the term 'core business'

Never had good dealings with Fastways in terms of intercity deliveries.

I could be wrong but I think fastways only do overnight in same island?. 48 hours island to island, probably ok but overnight is best for live goods....

Courier post are all good. Ive sent alot of parcels in past year or 2 and less than 1% delayed or slightly damaged.. Top effort. Generally overnight is am delivery to business's and just next day for home address's etc.

Spoke to AKL depot of NZC and they are fine with it.

I would say it is one of those cursed 'middle management' decision's based on lack of knowledge, and business acumen.

Perhaps it needed someone to point out common sense and define the term 'core business'

Never had good dealings with Fastways in terms of intercity deliveries.

Thats interesting because I went in and met the manager and he still said no. They then refunded me nearly $300 worth of courier tickets as I could no longer use them. I now use post haste, they get to ChCh faster than they ever did with NZ Couriers.

So after ringing Nz couriers and been told by two customer service(Hah!!!) reps they couriered fish I arrived to find they wouldn't.

Irony- been told by branch mngr on phone that that misinformation shouldn't have happened. I wonder if he's read his job description lately

That is stupid I would have refused to leave with my fish and told them to contact the manager as you had cleared it with him first.. It is amazing how out of hand all this is gone, just one call to the SPCA will have them tell you they have no concerns so NZ couriers has just let something go wild.

Post Haste and NZC freight actually travel in the same container as far as the " HUB" NZC fr8 then travels to SI by air while Post Haste by sea seems strange that Post Haste arrived quicker. Company policy has always been the same. They do take fish but without any liability whatsoever. Unfortunately some management have interpreted recent issues to suit themselves. I recently went into the local branch to clarify this.

Yes, and I clarified the liability issue also.

The fish have been rehomed and all is well with them although i would think it prudent to give them time before sending again.

I would have refused to leave with my fish and told them to contact the manager as you had cleared it with him first...

As I stated in earlier thread- it is pointless shooting the messenger in most situations so looking for an out come at that stage is hopeful at best.

I guess I preempted myself in my about 'middle management' comment.

I did speak to the Branch manager by phone, as I was not pleased. I had arrived at depot not long before closing as that means I pack late and fish spend as little time as possible in bags.

I just believe that a title such as Manager requires appropriate responsibilty.

I don't need to be told that "perhaps there is an issue here with our communications" .

Thats why I am on the phone to him.

I was actually looking for a resolution to that issue and an understanding of the moves that could be made to at least create equity in the current situation.

meh, don't fight them just use poste haste & save some money to.

I wouldn't mate. life is too busy anyway.

But it is called brand loyalty. I started the thread looking for a replacement to my preferred supplier in the courier industry as they no longer supplied a service i required. i have been using that company many years for most of my freight needs private or business.

I read here as a reply their policy might have been reviewed and two calls to them verified that fact.

It is a shame I will now take your advice and search for a new supplier.

I would have thought any manager worth their salt would understand that cost of keeping a current customer compared with luring a new one is basic Marketing 101.

As for fish well-being. here is how the fish were packed.

If we to pretend that was actually the reason for that policy anyway, as opposed to liability issue which i had already exonerated them from.

Hey, we live in a world where someone will sue google maps for not showing a pothole, which then causes a broken ankle.

And those heat pads are cosy feetwarmers :-?

packing for a snug fit

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo-13.jpg