My Sad arowana

TerminalAddict

Firstly.

I went away for couple of months, and neglected my fish :-?

Last weekend my arowana stop eating, and on closer inspection I noticed what looks like white fluff covering his/her body and even his/her eyes

kind of a cross between a spider web type thing and cotton wool :o

I did a large water change on the weekend, about 75% which has stopped the problem from getting any worse. I also dosed the tanl with melafix.

Every other fish seems to be 100% happy, buty my arowana still has a little white fluff/cob web, and hasn't eaten for 5 days :o

I'm also aware that arowana's are wierdo's, and sometimes just stop eating for the hell of it, but I am concerned.

any help?

TA.

no good, i have had extensive experiences with arowans in phililppines, from reds, golds, mixes and silvers in philippines silvers arowanas are 1-5 dollars nz dollars...funny huh cos we pay 130 for it here MINIMUM!!

anwyays,

i have had 3 aroawns in the past, two grew to huge size, but tank too small and filter not enough, not im bout to set up another wtih a huge tank and a good filter, should be ok, i hope:) and mixing it with lung fish too to grow together

what i find is that, when the arowana gets big, they tend to slow down in small tanks, but in big tanks i dont know, i asked breede3rs and experts over seas in overseas forums, and giving lots of current to begin with is apprently really really really good, cos they excercise, once tehy are 15cms and above, current is good, they get stronger, and arowans ph is very tolerant anyways, supposedly.

so sorry bout the loss, there is a huge anger that is manifested when a big and old fish dies