60cm Journal

fordayzbro

Wow, this tank looks even better IRL. Great job Steve, looking forward to setting up tanks with you in future!

Thanks Sam, hairgrass needs a trim and some shaping. The glosso won't take to long to grow back in. The MH is rubbish, I think it's the fixture.

Have you chosen some wood for that dragon stone? Flick up some pics!

I have that Tunze you can borrow for the big tank

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sam, hairgrass needs a trim and some shaping. The glosso won't take to long to grow back in. The MH is rubbish, I think it's the fixture.

Have you chosen some wood for that dragon stone? Flick up some pics!

I have that Tunze you can borrow for the big tank

I tried that stone, I just can't get it to look right :-? I've used some smaller stone I have and attached some windelov to the wood. Kinda rushed it, 3:30 deadline. Will plants up the stems when I get back, saved more than I thought.

Sucks about the MH man :(

I tried that stone, I just can't get it to look right :-? I've used some smaller stone I have and attached some windelov to the wood. Kinda rushed it, 3:30 deadline. Will plants up the stems when I get back, saved more than I thought.

Sucks about the MH man :(

Don't rush it, you will find a way to place the stone, you could use your spare tank with some soil in it to figure out the placement. Also don't forget it's a big stone.... have you got a hammer? Break a piece off, I might have some other bits lying about....

Mark the focal points on the tank with a marker and bank the substrate hard. I have that half bag of Manado as well.

Looking nice.

Especially the hairgrass.

Thanks Dennis!

Will trim down the glosso in a week or so and prep the tank for some final shots, I have a friend who is a photographer with some nice lenses and studio lights. Then I will strip it down and start all over, maybe something with wood.....

I think he means you to swap the two rocks over so the left is on the right and the right on the left. Their pointy bits will both then be aimed towards the outer walls of the tank, instead of into the middle, creating a V shape in the middle. The centre will look more open.

Exactly Caryl :)

(if one day I come in NZ, would you give me please some english courses ? You exactly expressed what I got in my mind last night. Not kidding, I mean it 22.gif)

V shape will open the view.

It's like a pass between two mountain peaks.

When we built an aquascape, we just have to watch carefully mother nature, because there's nothing new under the sun ;)

Something like this, Fordayzbro :)

dsc_1736b.jpg

Exactly Caryl :)

(if one day I come in NZ, would you give me please some english courses ? You exactly expressed what I got in my mind last night. Not kidding, I mean it 22.gif)

V shape will open the view.

It's like a pass between two mountain peaks.

When we built an aquascape, we just have to watch carefully mother nature, because there's nothing new under the sun ;)

Something like this, Fordayzbro :)

dsc_1736b.jpg

Thanks for you input Deepsound...... In mother nature, mountains or big rock formations can be off many shapes especially through China, Vietnam, Cambodia and here in New Zealand which is where I got my inspiration from for this scape. :wink:

I do see what you mean by the V shape :D .... it does look nice, beleive me I tried many combinations with these stones. P :) To move the stones now would mean a total rescape as they are planted deep into the substate.

Cheers though, I'll keep that in mind for the rescape

• 4 weeks later...

Just got home from working in Christchurch for a month to find a some wild growth, glosso pretty much took over the tank! A couple spots of BBA but other than that no algae outbreaks. My family kept up the dosing and waterchanges while I was away and even changed my Co2 bottle when it ran out. :kiss:

Will now start planning the next scape, found some nice pieces of driftwwod to accompany the piece I have borrowed from Sam. One more final tidy up before the comp shots then a strip down.