Nano fishes tank

Deepsound

Thanks you, I'm glad you appreciate :D

img_5385.jpg

I'm fond of nano fishes and nano tanks. Here, just nano fishes. It's a 54 L tank (60 x 30 x 30 cm) with 15 w lightning. Filtered with peat, so that's why the water is amber. Tannins are good for fishes. I added oak leaves too (do it progressively in order to avoid acidosis...)

For the driftwood, I use vinewood. It's awesome to simulate roots. I saw you have some vineyard in NZ. But be careful to use only vine that haven't received any chemicals. Because they unfortunately use a lot of copper to protect it from mildew. Some organic farmers don't use it.

There are also corydoras pygmaeus in this tank.

I love those little "moustached" ;)

That is one fantastic tank. I love the focal point and dark areas that provide depth and drama. Superb choice of fish as well. I love those guys.

Sorry Jenniferh, I didnt see your post last time :oops:

Thank you, I'm so glad to read that :)

You know, i love dark areas in a tank. Cause if we can't see the whole thing, our imagination can travel. So we don't see only what is in the tank in actual fact, but the whole world we imagine; what is beside and behind. We just able to dream :) Same thing with bonsais. The point is not only the dwarfed tree, but also the landscape suggested by.

Thank you Acara :)

Yes, thoses little ones are great. Love them :)

Have you ever get some juveniles ?

I haven't...

Afraid not,I have only had them 2-3mths,and havnt had a crack at breeding them yet.I doubt fry would survive in current set-up,theres shrimp,stiphodon gobies,and Betta falx in there(till the betta get their own tank)

One of the things I like about your tanks is the lack of visible equipment. I hate seeing small tanks packed full of big equipment...

:)

I always try to hide them as well as possible for reaching a natural look.

I can't dream if I see a huge heater or so in the aquascape ;)