our profile pics

sunrise001

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just changed my avatar.

That is my sweet Sunny bird - a Lutino cockatiel that we lost on Easter Weekend, on my birthday.

We miss her so much and don't know what happened to her after the seagull spooked her from where she was circling our house. I suspect she didn't survive more than a day or two. :-(

Sunny was a handraised bird and so affectionate and very much dependant on humans , poor wee thing. Inside Cockatiels don't do too well in the NZ environment, unlike the more hardy Lorikeets and Rosellas.

Aint no sunshine when she's gone.. don't know where she's gone, she's been gone too long.

My avatar is of Wellington Zoo's Zahara, one of the three giraffes there. They're my favourite animals at the zoo, so I visit them every time I go to the zoo to say hi (which is lots as i'm a volunteer there)

Cool, I went there on Fri. Was cool watching the giraffes eat a giant ice cube full of fruit. I think I like the sun bears & fruit bats best there.