Fish ID Needed! Large pics - Not For Dial up

s3xtcy

Hey all, just wondering if some people can help ID what fish i have, i know some of the common names, the two sharks im not sure, the pleco im not sure of, etc, if someone can help out that would be great!! thanks!!

ONE DSCF1599.jpg

Melon Barbs?

TWODSCF1603.jpg

Albino Shark?

THREEDSCF1620.jpg

Black Shark with Orange fins?

More Pics in next post :

1. not sure

2/3. Epalzeorhynchos frenatum, rainbow shark (normal/ albino morph)

5/6/7. afaik just angels

8. just a swordtail :)

9. Platy

10. pleco of some description..

11/12. Platy

HTH

9/11/12 are Platy? - i was told they were female swordtails by the bloomin pet store!! - or is a platy just that?

hahaha thanks, was going to abuse the pet store :P any ideas on the rest of them ? particularly the plec? - im trying to make a list so i know what they are and so i can use the online calculator thing, i know my tanks massively overstocked, but i have two, so it should balance out when i get it all sorted out, also gotta work out what "filter system" a AR620T has, as i cant just select that from the drop down box :P soooooo.... If anyone can give me the full correct names for each type that would be AWESOME! :D

The first angel is a veil tailed black lace with a single black gene and silver gene or genes as well as a deformed dorsal fin which will will usually come through if bred. Probably male.

The second is a normal finned with a single marble gene and one or two gold genes. Probably male also.

lol thanks, yes both angels are males, and i have two of these plec's, :o they are approx 6 or so cm long each, but super hard to accurately measure.

In the tank i have :

2 male angels,

2 plecs,

5 tiger barbs

2 male swordtails

3 female swordtails

4 male odessa barbs

2 female odessa barbs

1 albino rainbow shark

1 rainbow shark

1 glasscat (badly in need of some friends)

lol slightly overstocked....

BUT

there is another tank, approx 150L with 5 of those "melon barbs" in there, just testing the water :-? - will be more balanced when im sure the water is ok.

AND soon to be a AR850 :bounce:

my partner is going to kill me :P 8) 8)

My understanding is that the Red Spot Plecs get to about 45cm but I am sure that someone on here who owns them will either confirm or deny that. If that is correct I don't know that your bigger tank will be big enough.

The bigger tank is an AR850? Yeah, the redspot will outgrow that in a year or two, easy. He'll be doing 3 point turns.

holy crap! can anyone confirm that these ARE redspot pleco's? everyone seems pretty sure! bit worried now :P, the swordtails are all over 5cm except the little black one, most are prob closer to 7 or 8cm, no sign of a sword appearing on the females yet, maybe the black one will suprise me, thats a trick for young players!! thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...