Pictus Catfish

Nymox

Theres a pic some where on the web with ones spine that had been ripped off in a net, poor thing.

Hopefully I can and get myself some when my big tank is up and running. The one with fewer but larger spots looks a lil nicer, but would be happy with either.

Leiarius pictus looks neat too, more pleco like. We get these here also?

Bobo has my old one. hope its doing well.

You just have to be careful when netting them. their barbs get caught 50% of the time.

And they make an nails on a chalkboard ZZZZTTTT noise when you try to get them unstuck.

I thought there was columbian and peruvian, one has fewer and larger spots then the other.

True, I thought you may have been thinking of the ornate pim which is a different species of the same genus. The varieties you mention are simply different local populations, not even valid subspecies.

Thats more or less what I mean, I should have worded it different but I get that alot..

I havnt seen these in any of the lfs so will likely have to order them, just wondering what I should be asking for if I prefer the one with larger spots.

I have two, want more.

They are just awesome. If your tank is big enough for them to zoom around in then definitely get some, as many as you can afford. Mine are always on the go, and go mental for food, I feed them sinking cichlid gold pellets and they seem to be doing great.

When annoyed they make a sound like a teensie little sewing machine and if you're holding them at the time you can feel the vibration. ( :roll: and sometimes they do it in the middle of the night just to make you wake up and think what on earth was that?! :o )

Be careful when netting them, their spines get caught, also their pectoral and dorsal fins are pretty sharp, be careful if holding them