6ftr in room!!! yay :0

Fruju

Had a total mission on saturday, hardest thing ever done :lol: :o Me, henward, dee and a few others (7 in total) moved the tank through my house, cuts everywhere and henward sweated about 3 litres. But it looks awesome :D put 6 goldfishes in to test it, now my ck and my banded knife are in it :bounce: Although the filter pump is a bit noisy (comes from sump, pumps into main tank), any tips on how to reduce sound/vibration? Ive already put a little poly under it and wrapped it in wool, but still quite noisy.

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

gonna go with white sand, still debating what decor is going in.

I have some sens to go in it too!
yeah, i wanna pick em up this weekend sometime, pm me a good time.

nice tank fruju

you on a concrete floor with those legs?

nope, just on strong house support joists, got a new floor tho.

Thats because you didn't help Henward move his 1200L. :wink:

Looks good, will be a good grow out for all those monster fish...

haha yeah, heard about that one, almost dropped it aye, but to move his tanks you didnt need to go through a house. :roll:

6ft tank, in the room? :o

how big is the room?

room is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft, i live in the tank :lol: :lol: 8) jokes, room is about 4m squareish.

Stock plan so far is: 1 fancy ck (14spots 8)), banded knife, 4 dels, 2 grey sens, 2 albino sens, 1 ornate, PTC.

Also want to get: fancy plec or 2/regular plec, festae cichlid, several bgks and 1 brown ghost, maybs some bala sharks...

Will prob have to compromise :roll: :evil: will focus on bichirs and knives i think since their my favs :D

wasnt 3 litres, probably closer to 5!!

man, door was are a pain :D but worked out in the end.

i think the floor should be strong enough - rather solid.

good looking tank though, right by a window, easy changes:D

you can start apreciating your fish in your tank as opposed to mine lol

last lot of "royals" and there are several types that get called that here wer aroudn teh 140 160 mark.

They are great fish

Mystics price was/is a little flexable from memory so give her a PM.

Pics of mine are on the MAC tank crawl thread and he is is with some solid fish

Great additions to a big tank

Nice tank man, good solid looking base!

Loving that big sump!

I just picked my new one 6x2x2 up in the weekend, just me and my mate lifted the bloody thing... Would have been nice to have 7 people, although when going through doorways etc there is often only room for two!

Mine will be running a 3foot sump an an fx5, currently over-reinforcing the stand and painting it...

Cant wait to get water in it.

nope, just on strong house support joists, got a new floor tho.

:-?

Are the feet sitting squarely on top of the joists? Say ~550L water (550kg), 100kg tank, 30kg gravel, 50kg stand + other, thats 730kg, loaded on 6 feet is over 100kg on each of those small points. Pretty risky IMHO, if the feet are directly over a joist its probably not so bad, but it would be a pretty lucky fluke if they all lined up!

Stock plan so far is: 1 fancy ck (14spots 8)), banded knife, 4 dels, 2 grey sens, 2 albino sens, 1 ornate, PTC.

Also want to get: fancy plec or 2/regular plec, festae cichlid, several bgks and 1 brown ghost, maybs some bala sharks...

Will prob have to compromise :roll: :evil: will focus on bichirs and knives i think since their my favs :D

Compromise is good but hard (I've been trying to figure out my compromise for my fishroom, changed my mind countless times this week!!), but you're going to have to do it. A festae might be a bit risky in that tank, I've been doing a lot of reading on them (trying to figure out a plan for all my fish, that bloody compromise thing again!) and I'm going to devote an entire 6x2.5x2' to my pair. You'll have a lot of bottom dwellers that in my experiences are pretty ignorant when it comes to respecting territories, and that is likely to piss off a big angry cichlid trying to defend his corner of the tank. Most CA cichlids have good teeth, the best example being P. dovii. click for pic

hmm, i actually prefer leopard sailfin plecs to royals, i think they look cool, cheaper too :wink:

what a legend aye! :D worked so hard :lol:

Loving that big sump!

I just picked my new one 6x2x2 up in the weekend, just me and my mate lifted the bloody thing... Would have been nice to have 7 people, although when going through doorways etc there is often only room for two!

Mine will be running a 3foot sump an an fx5, currently over-reinforcing the stand and painting it...

yeah pretty big sump, actually bigger than my old 'big' tank, good filtration, just pump is really noisy atm, i may end up getting an eheim to quiet it down. Good effort with only 2 people dunc! :D absolute mission navigating the house :o good luck with yours, i guess your dats will go in there? Im sticking away from dats for a bit.

yeah, im hopeful it will hold tho, no issues and there are good support beams underneath (tank is spread across the floorboards and joists).

Hard to compromise, i'd like to give the festae a go, but if it becomes unmanagable ill stick with knives, salvinis are nice too, but i prefer the red on festae. Although like morcs, a school of firemouths look really good - prob get munched tho :roll: Maybe a combo of a jar and a festae would keep them occupied, or cause hell, kinda using henwards theory of distractions, knifefish are delicate (BGKS and banded) but ck should hold its own, large banded and fancy ck prob gonna be the feature fish, but i am a bichir guy too :DAny dels available atm?

hmm, i actually prefer leopard sailfin plecs to royals, i think they look cool, cheaper too :wink:

what a legend aye! :D worked so hard :lol:

Loving that big sump!

yeah pretty big sump, actually bigger than my old 'big' tank, good filtration, just pump is really noisy atm, i may end up getting an eheim to quiet it down. Good effort with only 2 people dunc! :D absolute mission navigating the house :o good luck with yours, i guess your dats will go in there? Im sticking away from dats for a bit.

yeah, im hopeful it will hold tho, no issues and there are good support beams underneath (tank is spread across the floorboards and joists).

Hard to compromise, i'd like to give the festae a go, but if it becomes unmanagable ill stick with knives, salvinis are nice too, but i prefer the red on festae. Although like morcs, a school of firemouths look really good - prob get munched tho :roll: Maybe a combo of a jar and a festae would keep them occupied, or cause hell, kinda using henwards theory of distractions, knifefish are delicate (BGKS and banded) but ck should hold its own, large banded and fancy ck prob gonna be the feature fish, but i am a bichir guy too :DAny dels available atm?

So some of the legs are just on the floorboards? I'd rather be safe than hopeful with that many litres of water and dollars of fish....

No i meant that they go ACROSS the floorboards- little bit more supportive :wink:

So they are on the floorboards not directly above the joists, like this?

leg

_________||__________ floor

...||...................||

..joist.................joist

Looking at it as a cross-section through your floor. If so do you know how thick your floorboards are?

It might look solid now, but there's a couple of long-term problems I'd be worried about. The main one being uneven sag over time, putting uneven pressure on the legs and the bottom of the tank. I doubt the floor will collapse and you'll come home to find your tank in the basement, but if you've got six feet putting over 100kg of pressure on pieces of timber less than 2" thick then I'm certain there will be sag/flex of some degree. I don't know if it will be enough to unevenly distribute the pressure enough to crack the tank, but I wouldn't want to take the risk myself.

Not trying to rain on your parade.....

Yeah will throw the dats and ornates in it, may look at a larger cichlid or two, possibly female texas/jag/festae... ?

Putting a 4x2 under the legs in the opp direction to the floor boards would have been a good idea to spread the weight. The tank with a sump that size is a fair weight (pushing 800/900kgs?) on ?inch thick floorboards, obviously a bit late to change easily now but good luck :)

Dont you have dels at henwards??

Will take the dels off your hands :D sounds like a good plan duncan

To David, my house is on a slope, thus plenty of joists running to the back of the house (where tank is, nearer to the ground, so not as elevated), dont think the tank is resting exactly on the joists, but there are a few joists under where it is, so im pretty ok with it, i think with any floor unless its concrete or right on the ground is gonna have a little sag.