February Aquarium World

Caryl

As I am sure some of you have already found out - the February magazines were posted on Friday.

Less articles this time as one particular one took up a lot more space than usual (even after I cut it back somewhat) but I didn't like to split it into 2 parts in case someone started following instructions before being able to read the end - and then realise they may have wanted to do it a different way :-?

So, this issue has si_sphinx's DIY background (the one he showed us in these forums. Guess which one took up all the space! :lol: )

Learn about flag cichlids

Continuing our excellent series (thanks to Darren) on plecs - Red spots, gold spots and Pterygloplichthis

Visitors to your pond can be very colourful, and interesting.

CONFERENCE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION FORM (form also downloadable from this website)

A fish maze to keep you occupied for a long time

Learn what uses Baking soda has in the aquarium hobby

Odessa barbs, their care and breeding

A report on the display the Wellington Aquarium & Water Garden Society set up at the Wellington Home and Garden Show

Pot bellied seahorses are very interesting creatures and they get a really hard time trying to survive!

Read about the Marlborough Club's tank and shop crawl in Christchurch

If you have just joined up with Tasman then you will be getting the magazines free, as an affiliated member of the FNZAS. As they will be having their AGM next month, they will then send in their current membership list and fees and your name will be on it :wink: So I imagine your first magazine will be the next one which comes out in May.

Sorry I won't see you at the Tasman meeting this week (I belong to Tasman and Marlborough clubs) but Grant and I will be in Napier attending an FNZAS exec meeting, a HBAS meeting and quiz night and their tank crawl. We are looking forward to it. We won't do the overnighter in the Aquarium as Grant's arthritis is flaring at the moment and he wasn't sure he would be able to move after a night on the floor in there :cry:

You haven't sent mine to Wok, have you :cry:

On a happier note, the beach behind the Aquarium is riddled with driftwood - Kerry said it is the most he has seen in years, so maybe you had better bring a lot of stretchy tie-downs if you are only bringing the little car?

No I definitely saw yours, with the correct address, go into the bag. They were only posted on Friday though so I was most surprised to find some had already received theirs Saturday! Perhaps tomorrow will be your lucky day 8)

It is funny bagging and addressing the magazines as I recognise so many of the names and picture the people in my mind (if I have met them face to face). I always say hello to them as I slip the address label into the bag :lol:

As I am sure some of you have already found out - the February magazines were posted on Friday.

Less articles this time as one particular one took up a lot more space than usual (even after I cut it back somewhat) but I didn't like to split it into 2 parts in case someone started following instructions before being able to read the end - and then realise they may have wanted to do it a different way :-?

:oops: sorry

I would of posted a lot earlier.....

.... but our factory is now operational!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Unfortunately it is taking ages to do a single batch of juice :(:(:(:(

and not getting home till around 11.30pm after starting at 7.00am

Don't you just hate teething problems :roll: