Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

eBay?

Featured Replies

Can you use ebay in new zealand to buy plants?

Is there a new zealand ebay?

I didnt know which forum to put this post in :lol:

I'm sure there's a way you could, but it's bound to cost more than the plant is worth. It'll all have to go through MAF I think :roll:

Can you use ebay in new zealand to buy plants?

Is there a new zealand ebay?

I didnt know which forum to put this post in :lol:

NZ ebay is trademe.co.nz

also there is a Private Trade on this website so have a look through that, most members have cuttings that the try and sel on cheaply.

You cannot buy plants outside of New Zealand and import them without them going through quarantine but you can buy plants in New Zealand from anyone who is selling them on any site.

Trademe sucks in comparision to ebay IMHO.

Trademe is good for junk, but for buying new stuff, its quite often cheaper to import, and quite a lot of stuff isnt even available on trademe.

Trademe was just New Zealand trying to re-invent the wheel.

Plants from ebay would be great (selection is huuuuge) but it would be more trouble than its worth.

apologies for the trademe rant.

Contact your LFS for plants. there are a lot more plants available than you'd know, its just the shops dont stock them, but the suppliers might.

TradeMe also favours the seller (since autions can be auto extended to allow the bidding to continue to go up) whereas Ebay favours the buyer (whoever is last by the deadline wins). I find Ebay more stressful since last minute bidding wars depend on how fast your internet connection is! :o

TradeMe also favours the seller (since autions can be auto extended to allow the bidding to continue to go up) whereas Ebay favours the buyer (whoever is last by the deadline wins). I find Ebay more stressful since last minute bidding wars depend on how fast your internet connection is! :o

Ebays selling fees are also a lot higher.

I only buy off ebay, sell on trademe!

  • Author

thanks for your replies to my question I had a look on the new zealand branch of ebay but when I searched for plants it came up with stuff from the US,UK,taiwan etc do I do something to make it mew zealand only?

thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.