i need a id on trademe auction

trace&steve

Yes Polys

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/r ... ?genus=136

Only other option is livingstoni which is less blotchy.

Poly are spawning at 6-8 cm so before adult colouring.

These were listtd as Fusco on wholesalers list so seller is probably just quoting the name he/she bought as which is a shame.

Fusco have a completely different bodyshape and are thought by many to be closer to Tyrannochromis due to this.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/r ... ?genus=214

I had Fusco's some time ago and males are very hard on females. I think they need multiple females or at least other big Nimbos breeders to divert aggression.

Don't no situation down there but 6cm polys are in shops for $25 each so that auction seems high to me.

thanks i thought they were polys grr i so want some fusco's :bounce: :bounce:

Yes Polys

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/r ... ?genus=136

Only other option is livingstoni which is less blotchy.

Poly are spawning at 6-8 cm so before adult colouring.

These were listtd as Fusco on wholesalers list so seller is probably just quoting the name he/she bought as which is a shame.

Fusco have a completely different bodyshape and are thought by many to be closer to Tyrannochromis due to this.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/r ... ?genus=214

I had Fusco's some time ago and males are very hard on females. I think they need multiple females or at least other big Nimbos breeders to divert aggression.

Don't no situation down there but 6cm polys are in shops for $25 each so that auction seems high to me.

spot on firenzenz god its great having peeps like you on here :wink::bow::bow:

i have another question also if you can help i have a group of venustus and the largest female and male started to spawn the females tube came out and they looked as so they were trying to spawn but she wouldnt lay any eggs :-? :-? and now her tube has gone :cry:

and my other female spawned acouple of weeks ago and we striped her because she spat the last lot but once we striped hershe has been hiding at the bottom of the tank behind the rocks wont hardly eat unless its blood worms :roll: we have checked her afew times over to see if theres any fry but theres nothing should i be worried :-? :-?

Don't the spots tend to disappear with age?

The fish in the photo are definitely sub adults and losing spottiness- unlike human where that trait is reversed in Sub adults. :wink:

Note that seller also selling a livingstoni

And saw this also, as another comparison

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=268575011

i didnt think polys loose there spots on tail when maturing, fusco do have lines and not spots .

i saw the ones at mt roskill hollywood thats say fusco and there got dots so poly for sure

but then there ones named polystigma at albany hollywood that had lines in there tails... odd

anyone ever seen a fusco x polystigma hybrid...

It would happen easily enough and with the fish we get nothing would surprise.

But no way I would call the fish on the Auction Fuscos. Straight ones anyway

T&S

Just keep an eye on her. Was she removed from tank for any period of time?

that will affect her "place' in the tank.

She may just be laying low and out of the way as it sounds like other female is at least in spawning mode if not successfully while she will still be 2-3 weeks from being gravid again so no need to make herself obvious.

ok she wasnt removed from the tank only while striping her which wasnt like less than 5 mins ill keep an eye on her she doesnt look skinny or sick maybe because the other females was going into spawn she may be laying low aye we done a big clean out and water change yesterday so hopefully she comes back around soon :(

if only we knew what fish were thinking!!!!!

they can be very stressful at times :roll: gotta love them though lol

It would happen easily enough and with the fish we get nothing would surprise.

But no way I would call the fish on the Auction Fuscos. Straight ones anyway

T&S

Just keep an eye on her. Was she removed from tank for any period of time?

that will affect her "place' in the tank.

She may just be laying low and out of the way as it sounds like other female is at least in spawning mode if not successfully while she will still be 2-3 weeks from being gravid again so no need to make herself obvious.

i didnt think polys loose there spots on tail when maturing, fusco do have lines and not spots .

i saw the ones at mt roskill hollywood thats say fusco and there got dots so poly for sure

but then there ones named polystigma at albany hollywood that had lines in there tails... odd

anyone ever seen a fusco x polystigma hybrid...

I know that fuscos were on the lists and people ordered them in a few months back. I was thinking he same too a.proph about crossing the two wonder if they resemble two types of fish?