My Leos

Charlie

Ok well i am getting leopard geckos in 2 weeks now if all goes well...

I am going to start a log on my set-up to make sure everything is ok for my little additions...

Firstly I need to sort my heat source, I cant seam to find a heat mat that fits my needs...

I can only find the ones that heat 10 degrees over current room temperature, I don't want to use light for my heat source.

I am after a heat mat with a temperature gauge on it? any ideas?

Leo's need heating from below. It is vital for aiding in digestion. Heat mats do raise the temperature of the enclosure. The humid hide needs to be over the heat mat to create humidity to aid with shedding. Attaching a thermostat to the heat mat will enable you to control the temperature.

A heat pad isn't necessary if good heat gradients are attained through a heat emitter/thermostat system. Natural furnishings such as rocks and gravel will absorb heat , thus producing heat from underneath.

If the animals have access to the right ambient temps there shouldnt be any problems with digestion.

A buried humid area is easy created by using plastic containers with moss etc

• 2 weeks later...
Have they arrived yet, or are you waiting to see if the L46's come in? I know if I had that sorta cash to blow on one or the other it would be a pretty hard decision!

not trying to have a dig, just asking a genuine question! :)

Leos if all goes well will be at mine next week...

L46 will be a few months, i gues its when the become available due to the first batch being pre-sold