platy and a guppy?

BikBok

I have a little snakeskin male guppy who has taken a real interest in a young platy female. I am sure I saw him mate her more than once too!

Is this normal? will anything come of it? She's lookign rather plump now and is the only platy in the tank and was raised from a fry in there because she was trapped in the gravel for up to a week in the other tank so I removed her to quarantine and then put her in with the guppies so she wouldn't breed. She's a good size now but still young.

There are enough female guppies in the tank (4 females, 2 males) but no - he wants the platy!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
yeh you can, the crosses are readily avalible back in Briton where I am from. Like big out of praportion guppies.

Havnt seen them over here tho... Wonder if they would be sterile?

Wow! ive heard about this but never seen it! Sounds abit like the Balloon versions of fish you can get here, mutants basically. Not an avid supporter of this but would still be interested to see. Have kept guppys and platys together for years and havn't managed to make a super guppy yet lol

LB