Dwarf f/w puffer keepers (Carinotetraodon travancoricus)

breakaway

I keep bumble bee gobies with my puffers and there are fine, puffers don't seem to touch them but the bumble bees chase each other, also have an otto cat with them as well.

I also have an otto in with them.I feed them today very cool to watch and does anyone now what I can feed bumble bee gobies appart from blood worm?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have an otto in with them.I feed them today very cool to watch and does anyone now what I can feed bumble bee gobies appart from blood worm?

Awesome, i might try some gobies with mine, really miss having them. How bbig is your tank and how many dwarf puffs do you have in there redracer?

Ottos are pretty commonly recommended as tankmates for the puffers. I used to have some but don't think i'll worry about getting more unless i need them for algae issues. Cute little guys though.

My tank is probably a little small at 30Litres, I now have 3 puffers and 4 bumble bees and 1 otto.

I have changed tank a month ago it was bigger but no room at the new house.

Haven't had a problem so far, just doing big water change every week.

How many bumble bees do you think i could hav in a 15l? i was thinking two

How many bumble bees do you think i could hav in a 15l? i was thinking two

As long as you keep up your water changes two will be fine, anything else in there?

They are great fish, they always look grumpy.

Mine get fed bloodworm, brineshrimp and every now and then shrimp pellet.

• 2 months later...

Update: Fry are now somewhat free swimming. As I change their water, if I disturb the water even a little, they swim up and down and finally settle on the surface of the breeding trap. I suppose they're still too young to keep swimming :P