Blue tongued skink vs bearded dragon vs water dragon

reptilez

Just my opinion but I think they are all reptiles and should only be handled enough to make handling simple for you and them. If you want a pet to cuddle you should get a cat. I have beardies only, and they can be picked up when needed without them panicking but they don't get "petted".

i rekon water dragons are the cleaner than the others cause there toilet trained lol just gota clean the water out better than geeting stinky poos in your substrate.

i use to try handle my water dragons alot but now there bigger im giving up on it as they scratch me far to much lol

most likely hj your intimidating the skink or trying to hold onto it maybe stressing it. I like to think all animals/herps dont forget things. So best to be calm but in control at the same time letting them do what they do, and after a while they may end up with a bit of respect for you :lol:

blues seem to like to walk all over you, not so much be held still in your hand, they shouldnt hiss all that much really, can be agro things but generally laid back chaps. Is my understanding they hiss to wear of an intruder/threat or if they get a fright etc.

all 3 lizards are amazing, blue tongues i find easier care, i think the dragons are a lil more work but maybe more fascinating, could watch them chasing down and chomping back food all day :D

I think water dragons are great abit of work in setting them up but once done a piece of cake to look after, cleaning is easy just have a filter in their water. I let mine out regularly, just to roam in the lounge I don't pick them up but let them climb up onto me which they do when hand feeding them, and heaps of fun to watch. :bounce: