What do you feed your Electric Yellows?

danilada

Mine get nutrifin max flake, salmon pellets, prestige and home made food.. I used to have issues with sunken in stomachs until I started the salmon pellets which are really fatty and the prestige which is just awesome food, can't wait to get more they pile on the condition on it, there is the risk of causing bloat in mbuna on it though but I have only bloated one dem on it which came right with only 1 day on metro and has been fine since so might have been something else.

Mine get nutrifin max flake, salmon pellets, prestige and home made food.. I used to have issues with sunken in stomachs until I started the salmon pellets which are really fatty and the prestige which is just awesome food, can't wait to get more they pile on the condition on it, there is the risk of causing bloat in mbuna on it though but I have only bloated one dem on it which came right with only 1 day on metro and has been fine since so might have been something else.

Where did you find the Prestige line? I can't seem to find it stocked in any stores...

Simon "thefishtank" imported some from Aussies as a trial, I have tried to get in touch with him via the forums to get more but he doesn't seem to be logging on anymore I have just sent him an email. His details are available here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42128

It is very good stuff and the prices he was talking about getting more for worked out cheaper than anything else you could buy.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/PrestigeAquatics/index/

http://s1.zetaboards.com/PrestigeAquati ... products1/

not sure if it is from breeding or maybe diet

Check the spirulina content of your fish food. Spirulina gave my Red Zebras dark spots.

For some reason I thought bloodworms were bad, or are they only a treat food?

Very much a treat food and then only sparingly. It's too high in protein for their digestive system and can cause bloat. I've heard horror stories of people losing tanks full of fish. I stopped giving it to mine years ago.

I have heard that anything over 3% spirulina is bad for the fish.. But I used to feed spirulina flake and pellets all the time with no ill effect apart from the black spots they sometimes got so I am unsure how true that is?

Agreed with the bloodworms, I don't feed them to any fish to any of my fish they are linked to all sorts of problems, or should I say often associated with all sorts of problems.. It maybe all rubbish but I am not prepared to take the risk :)

variety is the key IMO. i feed jbl novorift sinking sticks as a main food, jbl novovert, sera granumeat, sera granugreen, sushi wrap, shelled peas, cucumber & bloodworms only once a week. i feed all my africans the same including the tropheus & i haven't had health issues at all. i have also had the dark spots of my red zebs from foods with spirulina in it.