Fly Control

BikBok

Fly screens and fly spray - never over the tanks though. I happily spray for flies in the room where the tank is but I spray away from the tank and at the other end of the room only. Spraying the windowsills helps too.

Gordy's Trap (I think it is called) is said to be excellent.

we're moving next month so don't want to bother with the expense of flyscreens but i was worried abotu using flyspray.

I have been using tiny amounts in the kitchen but not in the lounge where the tanks are.

Our small home is open plan so was worried about spray drift into the tanks.

In previous years we have sprayed the long term surface spray (ripcord) onto the the ceilings but it would be a mission to move the tanks for the application, even though they are only small.

If the tanks are covered you should be fine. If you are still worried, throw a towel or covering over the gaps when you spray.

Our kitchen/dinig/lounge is all open too and I spray it all except directly at the tank, which is at the far end from where the seating is - and the flies are worse at our end anyway :lol:

I use whichever odourless fly spray is cheapest at the time :roll:

• 1 month later...