Any bird owners near Palmy?

phoenix44

We are running a bird education thing at the animates in palmy in a few weeks time. Rusty (lorikeet), Treo (blue ringneck), Kiwi (eclectus male), and hobo (short billed corella) will be in store, where we educate people about owning birds - what to feed them, living with them etc.

Any one with birds apart from budiges in the area, that can bring them in?

We are running a bird education thing at the animates in palmy in a few weeks time. Rusty (lorikeet), Treo (blue ringneck), Kiwi (eclectus male), and hobo (short billed corella) will be in store, where we educate people about owning birds - what to feed them, living with them etc.

Any one with birds apart from budiges in the area, that can bring them in?

You met cookies owner, she hs allsorts, Icould ask her...

I just finished reading The Parrot That Owned Me by Joanna Burger. It's about an ornithologist and her red lored Amazon parrot, Tiko. My understanding of parrots has completely changed, I realised they were intelligent but had no idea how complex their social interactions are. Unfortunately, I have also developed a huge amount of pity for the ones out there that aren't in loving homes or stuck in places where they can't make bonds with a 'flock' (parrot or human). :(

her birds aren't clipped though and would fly right out. i thought of her, but the birds will also need to be semi friendly and manageable. i might go see if i can borrow some of the esplanade birds :lol:

Its not like the esplanade ones have their wings clipped an ar manageable..