Finally have my tank again

Rozski

Shifted from Palmy Nth to Tokoroa in easter (feel free to laugh) and my tank was down in Palmy until last weekend. Fish got fed but that was it, so tank was looking pretty sad by the time I got to it.

Heres what it was in its prime:

TankMay-1.jpg

You don't wanna see what it looked like last weekend haha...

But here it is now. Wanted to use my black sand (pilfered from the beach) but found out the iron ends up killing fish, so got some substrate from Wonderworld (zomg that place is amazing). Not sure if im completely sold on it, but it does make the green look nice, and most of it will hopefully get covered in plants anyway. Managed to salvage some java ferns and my dwarf anubias, and bought 2 bunches of dwarf chain sword yesterday (went a long way didn't it).

tankff.jpg

Would like some amazon swords in there, but any other suggestions for background plants?

Fish currently jammed into 35 litre while this spends a day clearing and heating up (cardinals, hatchets and a dwaf flag)

Oh, also a second set of T5s going in under the hood this week

Rozski

Cheers neon :D

did those bags come in handy? :lol:

The tanks are looking good as always.

That sword you have is most likely novoe zealandae and not pygmy chain - like most NZ natives it needs an incredible amount of light - im trialling it myself.

Bags were handy phoenix, cheers ;-) You'll be going through the same thing soon!

And eugh about the plant... I was eyeing up the dwaf sag and the dude said, or were you interested in this one? and I said, whats gonna grow faster, my dwarf sag was a slow grower, and he grabbed this out for me. They will have 4x 24 watt HO T5s over them though 8) Hopefully enough. They do look like the chain sword I had in my nano a while back though...

Thats dwarf sag in that first tank photo

It did grow, but slowly, coz the tank was unfertilized, had only 2x 24watt T5s, no CO2... oh, and it often spent its time under a coat of green slime.

Plus my tank is quite tall, 50cm I think

Will get a photo...