Some pics of my Indo Dats

Duncan7

Nothing in mind, but if something uber awesome comes up, id like to have the space :D

Pfft dont make room "just cause maybe" worry bout moving him on if you need to, there is a number of people that would happily have him if need be... including myself :)

Fruju obviously has dibs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of mine are currently in a aquaone 980 -215L :evil: , but will upgrade to probly a 4ft+ over summer :D:D, atm theyare all fine and the system can handle it but would prefer to have more space for the bichirs at least so I can get more :roll:

You could go a bichir only tank, like an long and shallow one as they dont need the water depth.

Something like a 150hx60hx40H would look really cool :bow:

Is this some sort of plan to get me to sell my dats :-? , :lol: im keeping them, need something free swimming, although if we had large catfish........ 8). STILL LOOKING FOR DELHEZIS!!! ANYONE!!!

By the way morcs do you still have that surface skimmer for sale? if you dont how much do they retail for?

Skimmer is sold. Got a member picking it up from work in a few days.

If you want dels I can order them - but they aint gna be cheap. More than hollywoods...

Im putting my ornate up for sale...

Just caught him with a silver dollar in its mouth. I rescued it though. Hes already eaten two silver sharks...

All good, guts about the fish tho, but i prefer ornates over silver dollars, you should keep him :D

Dont worry about the dels mate but could you tell me how much the surface skimmers are - the cheap ones that attch to a filter intake?

mmm I like dollars more hehe. I love my sens, the ornate is just a brute :D I cant run the risk of him growing a lot faster than the Dats, and snacking on those too...

Cant remember how much the skimmer was, had to import it from the states via Ebay. There is a Hagen branded one for the Aquaclears (same thing basically) but they arent in NZ.

Absolutely gutted today :cry: silver dat died and im pretty sure the ornate was at fault :evil: I hate him lol, :roll: I feed them enough why did he decide the dats tail looked yummy, the At started lolling around and im preeety sure it was a swim bladder issue. Anyways, im probably not going to buy any more fish until I have a larger tank and a slightly larger grow out tank :roll: yeah right, but really want to get another AT, he was cool :cry:

Absolutely gutted today :cry: silver dat died and im pretty sure the ornate was at fault :evil: I hate him lol, :roll: I feed them enough why did he decide the dats tail looked yummy, the At started lolling around and im preeety sure it was a swim bladder issue. Anyways, im probably not going to buy any more fish until I have a larger tank and a slightly larger grow out tank :roll: yeah right, but really want to get another AT, he was cool :cry:

Hopefully Ill be getting an AT in soon. Can get you one whenever you like :D

Must be a funny week for ornates eh.

do you want 6 more silver dollars ? 8)

lol, no thanks snookie, man you are having a really hard time trying to sell them, I would have thought someone would like to make a really large school or something.

Hopefully Ill be getting an AT in soon. Can get you one whenever you like :D

Must be a funny week for ornates eh.

cheers morcs, will probably be a few weeks away yet, going to Fiji next week :bounce: , got my dive certificate in Samoa a couple of years ago but haven't done any diving since, and dont own my own gear, but when im there i will hopefully dive with some sharks = pinnacle of my diving ambition.

Yeah, about the ornate i considered selling my last one but i think they look really cool especially when they are monster so i will keep him, just means that smaller fish will have to be held in another tank :roll:

it doesnt look overstocked, i call overstocked the asian style tanks where nothing can move its so dense, and the only thing keeping them alive is filtration. altough for general overstocking i think that whatever breaches the natural appearance aspect is overstocked, when the tank doesnt look right, if you get where im coming from? I still reckon try an arowana :oops:

it doesnt look overstocked, i call overstocked the asian style tanks where nothing can move its so dense, and the only thing keeping them alive is filtration. altough for general overstocking i think that whatever breaches the natural appearance aspect is overstocked, when the tank doesnt look right, if you get where im coming from? I still reckon try an arowana :oops:

Agreed, doesnt look overstocked. Keep the AT too!