Some pics of my Indo Dats

Duncan7

Had them nearly 3 years, bought them from a guy when they were about 7-8cm? big one is now atleast 25cm, maybe closer to 30cm two smaller are atleast 20.

They eat hikari cichlid gold 'big' size floating pellets, hikari massivore sinking pellets, shrimp every couple of days and the odd bit of beef heart...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, just wondering what other people feed theirs, I've had my 2 for about a year or two and they are around 15cm-17cm, dont know what size they were when I got them, i feed mine hikari floating pellets, sinking tabs, meaty mix stuff and the occasional bug in the garden - usually worms :P Very slow growth rate tho :-?

Yeah they grow quite slow, but thats just them they are cool, mine will also get the odd bit of discus tucker :) They are pretty good eaters, try to keep the pellets as the bulk of their food as its just so good to have them on pellets, the smaller two are happy on them but the bigger guy is increasingly enjoying the shrimp and i tend to be increasing the amount of it im feeding :)

Yeah watch out he might get hooked, end up with an expensive mistake :-? cheaper to feed on pellets :D

Ive been trawling this really awesome thread on MFK with sooooo many pics of dats, really awesome, I totally want a new guinea tiger - IMO the best looking.

Those self-employed of us who work from home can spend as much time in here as we like :wink:

Mind you, when I am at "work" work I can get in here too. The other day the Dr wanted to dicate a letter and I had to say "Hang on a minute, my Trademe auction is about to come up!" :lol:

So, while he waited, he went and made me a cup of tea. He is a sweetie to work for :bounce:

Haha thanks, dunno yet, she just likes what mummy has got to stick in her mouth!

"she" my bad, didnt think of the other option :lol: :lol:, get her into fish or let her know that Dad likes fish, that way she'll be more likely to get you fish for your birthdays and christmas 8) 8)

Bugger, someone bought the silver dat that I wanted to get, was in the shop for ages and now as soon as I was able to get it it was taken :evil: :evil: Will just have to get one from mt Roskill tomorrow - does anyone know if there are any left?

They have 3...

I might be willing to sell mine, hes a bit bigger than any of the others for sale.