Cheap holiday offer

Caryl

OK, with the recession hitting quite a few, holidays may be off the radar for a while. This offer is for those who need a break but can't afford it.

We have always told people they are welcome to stay the night if they are travelling between the islands and need a break at the halfway point so this is just an extension of this. We have met some great people over the years! :bounce:

We live in Blenheim and have 2 spare bedrooms available (queen bed, single plus stretchers etc). Whether you are single, a couple, or have kids, we are offering a place to stay for free for a few days for those for whom money is tight at the moment. Buy your own food, or contribute to the groceries.

We also have a car that seats 7 so as long as you can get to a ferry terminal, airport, bus or train station we can pick you up. The car could be available for your use (assuming you are over 25yrs and have a clean, current driving licence) as long as you pay for fuel or we are happy to show you our district. The wine trail is very popular :wink:

There are a lot of things to do in Marlborough, especially if you like out door activities like biking, walking, hiking etc. The Sounds are 25 minutes away or you could do a day trip to Nelson. Kaikoura is also a scenic drive and an easy day trip. We have the Wither Hills walk and bike tracks right behind our house so easy to access and lovely views. Pelorus Bridge is a great place for a day's picnic with nature walks and good swimming (although very cold water!)

We don't care when, or how many of you, just give us a PM or email to discuss possibilities and it will be first in first served. If necessary, we can pitch a tent in the front yard or, if you decide to visit late January/Feb kids would love sleeping in the open on the verandah. There is room to park a small camper if necessary.

We live next to a small reserve with plenty of space for kids to run around and it has swings and seesaws to play on. We also have a large pond they could fall in :lol:

You would get to meet Bud the wonder budgie!

There are plenty of places to visit (many free but some with entry costs). We have the Omaka Warbirds Museum which is excellent, Brayshaw Park (model train rides for kids on certain days) the riverside railway (again, only on specific days) plus a great mini golf course and Eccoworld in Picton (not to mention all the beaches). Pollard Park is a lovely garden park with a river running through it and play area for kids.

Feb 6th is the Blues Brews and BBQs. Always popular and sold out in advance. Tickets to this R18 event are $40 and we live a 3 minute drive or a 15 minute walk (assuming you can walk in a straight line when you come home). Happy to drop you off and pick you up. If you have kids we will even babysit for you!

http://www.bluesbrews.co.nz/blenheim will give you a list of entertainers booked for this.

The Marlborough Wine and Food Festival is Feb 13th and is $48. If you are willing to work there for the morning (an easy job of guarding the chillers) we may be able to get you in for the rest of the day for free :wink:

http://www.wine-marlborough-festival.co.nz has more details. Liam Finn is headlining. Again, we can get you there and back, depending on times as we both work out there all day.

Our home was built 30 years ago and we only have one bathroom (no fancy en suites here!) but plenty of room for visitors.

This offer is open to all from now onwards. Whether you just want a weekend away or a week please contact me.

Over the years we have been hosted by others plus billetted at conferences when we couldn't even afford a basic cabin at a motorcamp. We are now in a position to repay that generosity and offer a break away to others who are currently in a similar position.

I forgot to add, we also have broadband for those who get withdrawal symptoms when away from their computer for any length of time.

We also have a 1.7m screen and data projector for showing movies etc. and have the goodies like Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, A Sharks Tale and others in a similar vein. :wink:

Plus, of course, you can sit and watch my lounge tank inhabitants go about their exciting daily lives. :lol:

Oh, forgot to mention the bathroom is about to be gutted and re-built so we may only have one but it will be a nice new one :wink: (with a fish tank in it too! :bounce: )

Err I never said there was a fish tank in the loo - it will be in the bathroom!

Come to think of it, when renovations are finished we will no longer have a bath in there. Perhaps bathroom is a bit of a misnomer now :-?

Oops, :oops: I guess my foreign upbringing gave me away that time! I shall remember that the next time I use the word 'loo' (must mean toilet and toilet is definately not the bathroom). :roll: