Terms of use questions

kiwiplymouth

I think now the rules are not being enforced in a draconian way its much nicer here. :D

I agree whole heartedly but it would be a shame if we could not get together as a group with a commercial supplier to import any given product in quantities that would benefit us all.

There is power in numbers and I'm not sure why this site would want to deny us that.

i used to feel the same KP

ontil i ran a lps

then i found that some of those fish i bought in took awhile to sell, consumeed food, used power and maybe lost some

profit made on good buys offset reduced margins on others i sourced from wholesalers

I agree with you too LA,

Having been a farmer and a small business owner I am well aware of the cost of doing business before you even open the doors :evil:

I also know the importance that LPS'S have to the hobby.

All that I am asking is that if a group of enthusiasts want to band together to import any given item, Why cant they use this site to communicate ?

my personal thoughts on this is that opening it up can lead to possible abuse by future members or conflict with lfs or wholesalers

The ban on it is because in the past it has caused nothing but trouble, people losing money, a law suit, and the FNZAS being blamed when it was nothing to do with us! Phil is commercial so knows what he is doing, imports regularly, and is a recognised business to whom people could direct police or whoever if their business dealings with him went awry.

this site is primarily the public face of the F.N.Z.A.S. and was setup to allow hobbyists to communicate with each other and help with problems they faced

the F.N.Z.A.S also carries weight as a lobby group with some authorities in nz and therefore needs to be seen as non commercial, ie: for the hobby with no commercial interests whatsoever

there are other avenues available to you to communicate with other fish keepers than through this website :wink:

I am 100% against groups getting together for bulk buying for exactly the reasons that others have mentioned... WE NEED LOCAL FISH SHOPS

If you want to set up in against them feel free to do so.

Phil Collis is a bussiness and as such I have no problem with buying from him

I am 100% against groups getting together for bulk buying for exactly the reasons that others have mentioned... WE NEED LOCAL FISH SHOPS

If you want to set up in against them feel free to do so.

Phil Collis is a bussiness and as such I have no problem with buying from him

from what i understand KP is saying its for unique items perhaps rather than shortcutting them altogether.

i didn't ubderstand that from any of the posts so far :D

this is where i get this from

All that I am asking is that if a group of enthusiasts want to band together to import any given item, Why cant they use this site to communicate ?

i'd use the rainbow tropheus as an example, no shops or suppliers currently offer them but if a gropu of us could discuss importing as a group such an item on here then we could band together & import it, whether that be direct or through an importer. To me the point is not by passing the LFS & suppliers rather discussing what each of us would be prepared to, as a group to make it viable to get something new in. :)