First time caller, long time listener...

gsveda

I just use water straight from the tap.... Some people disagree, but it works for me. Chlorine is gone really quick.

Blasting it into a bucket direct from the hose can dissipate a lot of the cholorine.

Alternatively get a 44 gallon drum, do waterchanges from that and refill after every change.

I have no idea what is in Cycle, but my general thoughts are if you want to add chemicals of any sort, don't add a crayfish, and remember your inanga have skin, not scales (ie more absorbent). Personally I will use no chemicals in my tanks that I don't know what is in them. No 'tonics' or 'cures'. They are sensitive to certain ones and I am not going to gamble.

Natives are really sensitive to water conditions (particularly galaxiids and torrentfish) but this is more about the keeper slacking off and not doing frequent waterchanges allowing toxins to build up in the tank. Indeed, I would say for any fish, it is the reqularity of maintenance that is important, rather than the 'purity' of the water going in when there is a waterchange.