green pine scientific name?

A-town...

Green pine is Mayaca fluviatilis and I understand that red pine is also a type of Mayaca but there is always a debate about this. To my knowledge Rotala wallichii is not in the country. I have bought it many times and converted it to emersed then got it to flower and it turns out to be Rotala rotundifolia. I am still waiting for someone to flower red pine and see what it looks like.

Green pine is Mayaca fluviatilis and I understand that red pine is also a type of Mayaca but there is always a debate about this. To my knowledge Rotala wallichii is not in the country. I have bought it many times and converted it to emersed then got it to flower and it turns out to be Rotala rotundifolia. I am still waiting for someone to flower red pine and see what it looks like.

interesting. so is nz the only place that calls it green pine? doesnt seem very common to be called that.

Grow the plant in shallow water until you get emersed growth then cut that off and place it in a glass of water till it takes root then plant out like a pot plant. One of the problems is that some of the plants that need high light will not grow in a glasshouse without additional artificial light. The other way is to grow it in shallow water in a bell jar setup until it becomes emersed and flowers. R. wallichi is supposed to have white flowers.