G'Day from Oz!

Sicklids

Hi gang, Andy here from the lower south coast of NSW Australia.

Heard about this site and being a forum junkie thought I had best check it out :lol:

I am a keeper and breeder of various species for the Australian aquarium scene, including species such as Frontosa, Catfish, Cichlids from African Lakes, SA/CA Cichlids, Australian Natives as well as various Endlers, Tetras, Koi and Goldfish.

My MTS has been with me for some 35 years now and I am still as much in awe by some of the species available, this means that my passion is as strong today as the day I got my very first 2' tank!

I currently have approximately 50 tanks in operation with a fully dedicated Fishroom housing 4 tanks @ 6x2x2, 4 Tanks @ 4x2x2, 2 tanks @ 3x2x2, 4 tanks @ 2x 18x18 as well as many other various odds and sod tanks for the fry.

In the house I have a 6x2x2 Tanganyikan Bio Tank, a 5x2x2 South American Bio Tank, a 3' Planted Tetra Tank, a custom 3' tank for Shell Dwellers and an Aqua One AR320 for Endlers and Red Cherry Shrimps.

In the backyard I have 2 aquaponics system as growout tanks and for the growing of Tomatoes, Lettuce etc and a circular bath tub dedicated to the grow out of various fry [approx 800lts]

So as you can tell my hours are somewhat limited and between my fish and my webmaster duties, my days seem to go nowhere :o

Anyway that is enough of my bragging for now, I am off to have a sticky beak around the boards.

P.S I will post some pics later to show off some of my babies!

Cheers

Andy :bounce:

Hi and welcome it is good to see new members here I think I have seen some of your posts on the queensland forum, are you braddo?

Close but no cigar!!!

I will say G'Day to him when I am next talking to him! He is a Mod on my own site :wink:

lol well your not the best unbiased person to ask if it is any good then are you :)

Nope, but then I am honest enough to call a spade a spade.

That being said, since the first trials of the products were arranged with me, my fish have never looked better, bred better and generally appear better in their general attitude and well being. [You have only seen some of my fish photographs and once you have seen more you will be sure that it is good tucker!].

By the way, the promotion of the Prestige Aquatics range of foods IS NOT my aim as a member here, but should anyone have any questions in relations to it, please feel free to pm or email me for help.

To the Admin here I am sorry if it came across that way, my reason for being here is to learn and share knowledge with like minded folks [as it is for all the forums etc that I am associated with]

Cheers :bounce:

lol awesome mate I think everyone can see that you just asked the question that was asked..

I just asked as a guy I know is looking to get it for the NZ market as an affordable alternative to NLS so was hoping it was pretty good, I think he is hoping to have some to trial soonish too so hoping it works out well, is it your main food for your fish? And do you mainly feed the cichlid formula?

I feed a range of the products.

~ 0.8mm Growth Bites for small fry

~ 2mm Colour as the logical step up with the development of the fish

~ 3mm Cichlid for the larger fish.

[The Pellets can also be crushed and used as a very fine powder feed for newly hatched fry]

I also feed Veggie Pellets & Spirulina Algae Wafer to the cats and those species that require or enjoy a certain amount of veggie matter in their diets.

The latest product is a Flake food that is still under going field trials but wont be far off release.

On that matter, ALL the range is actually tested in various fish breeders setups to ensure that it meets the required dietary needs of the targeted fish and is not released until all trial have been assessed and the product given the green light.

There has been a lot of debate about the ingredients of this food range but I am not a chemist etc. so I can only call it as I see it, GOOD!

This is also a topic I will not be entering into no matter what, I feel that forums are not the best suited places to discuss these things but I will recieve any pms or emails and forward them to the Prestige Management should the need arise.

p.s. I use to be the NSW South Coast distributor for NLS and have found this range of foods equal in results without having to bare the additional costs that come with one brand and not the other.

Cheers :bounce: